Airbag removal and battery

My new OMP steerig wheel finally came

im going to fit it next week but wondered if it is totally necessary to disconnect the battery?

ive removed the seat air bags loads if times in 197/200s and had no problem with the battery connected etc but ignition off

also do I need a puller to remove the OEM wheel or does it come off easy enough?

And I jus had my car remapped - will disconnecting the battery affect my remap?

I did disconnect the battery when doing the steering wheel air bag as you working on it and IF it goes off it could blast a ratchet/socket in your face....

steering wheel comes off easy once the bolt is undone - hope it isn't/wasn't rounded off like mine (from new)

Thanks

just another quick one - does the column have a key way so you can't put it back on misaligned?

im sure I have seen it has a key way or a different sized tooth at the top so it only goes on one way
im assuming the Omp boss will have the same key way so it should be easy to get on perfectly straight... I hope

I stripped every airbag in the car with the battery not disconnected.

With regards to the boss, I just replaced mine and it comes off fairly easy. The column is multiple splines so make sure the steering wheel is straight before you start. If you look at your boss it should have 'top' marked on it

I thought the top 3 teeth were different so it could only go on one way.

im not home so haven't actually seen it yet.