Airbag Light

Hey guys,

I fitted a set of non-OEM Recaro Sportster CS seats to my 197 a while back but I never got round to fixing the airbag lights - something I intend to do now.

From my understanding, factory Recaros have no side airbags but do have an anti-sub airbag fitted, which has a plug where you connect a resistor and then connect the seat plug to the car plug, fooling your ECU into thinking the side airbags are present and therefore removing the light.

In my situation, I have no seat-side plug as my seats have no airbags at all. Does the ECU detect a missing anti-sub airbag or will fitting a resistor just for the side airbags (as per OEM Recaros) remove the light?

Would appreciate it if anyone could shed some light.

Cheers,

Nick

The resistor trick didnt work for me when I removed the belts for harnesses and the pretensioners required unplugging.

In the end I removed the dash and blanked out the lights. You will never be able to remove the check airbag message though.

I believe that after March, Airbag light will be a failure - and removing the bulb isn't an option as obviously they all light up when ignition is switched on...

That's what I was told anyway!

The resistor trick didnt work for me when I removed the belts for harnesses and the pretensioners required unplugging.

In the end I removed the dash and blanked out the lights. You will never be able to remove the check airbag message though.

I did this for the roll cage in the back, put resistors into the pretensioners and the lights went out!

Hey guys,

I fitted a set of non-OEM Recaro Sportster CS seats to my 197 a while back but I never got round to fixing the airbag lights - something I intend to do now.

From my understanding, factory Recaros have no side airbags but do have an anti-sub airbag fitted, which has a plug where you connect a resistor and then connect the seat plug to the car plug, fooling your ECU into thinking the side airbags are present and therefore removing the light.

In my situation, I have no seat-side plug as my seats have no airbags at all. Does the ECU detect a missing anti-sub airbag or will fitting a resistor just for the side airbags (as per OEM Recaros) remove the light?

Would appreciate it if anyone could shed some light.

Cheers,

Nick

Standard seats have side and anti-sub air bag. You can turn them off via Clip (Renault) or by any local diagnostics guys.

I swapped standard Renault seats for Renault Recaros, the light came on as it was missing the anti sub air bag.. This guy was mobile, its just basically as easy as telling the ecu not to look for the seat air bag. Cost me £35