Airbag ECU

930Tech

CLIO CUP groupee.
Platinum Member
Looking at damaged 197's

If the airbags have gone off on dash and the ECU needs a reset do the airbags need to be re fitted after to keep the car running?

I assume the lights will stay on on the dash if not so can resistors be fitted to trick the ECU into thinking everything is ok, i'm thinking of doing one as a trackday car but would still need to be used on the road.

I've seen that when you buy an aftermarket steering wheel and boss you get a resistor for that so in theory it'd only want one for the passenger side dash airbag.

The other airbags are ok but the seat belt pre tensioners have also gone off.

Would i be fighting a loseing battle or has anyone done this before?

Please help, my head hurts :'(

when i crashed my car, i had to get the air bag moduel reset and then get a renault techy to match it back up with the ECU. Tho i do think it needs to detect seat belt pre tensioners for it to turn over

You will need a brand new (from renault) airbag computer, but it may be possible to chuck in a few resistors to get the light to go out.

It may even be possible to configure it without certain airbags.

On clio 2 it is possible to configure the airbag computer without drivers airbag, so its worth looking into it to see if its possible.

but there are a few companys on the internet who can actually reset a airbag computer after it has recorded an accident so they may be able to help you out.