Air Time

Hey guys, just telling you of a little experience i had last night....

just after i finished work i ended up in Kilmaurs at about 00:30 and had roughly 30-40 min drive up the road so i thought i'd take it some back roads..

Was giving it abit of welly and throwing it into corners and man i love the handling:thumbup1:, Then i came to a long strech of road so i thought why not? Gave it some beans mustve been hitting about 70 mph and i took off :blush:hmy: after i slammed back down to earth my mate turned round and said to me, by the way the sign said hills for so many yards back there.....pillock lol

Checked the car today just to make sure nothing has broke or that and all seems good :biggrin:

lmao I had the same..... got air going over a hill i forgot I was there hit the ground with a screach lol

Once did this is a mk 5 golf gttdi 2ltr

In these it's too easy to get speed when crusing must sighn for a hump back brindge on an unfamiliar road on holiday slowed down to 65 and tool off we went for ages it was te steepest bridge ever lol

Came back down really wonkey , screeching etc lol heart in mouth moment

Last edited:
done something similar on the buttertubs and tan hill and unclassified road with lots of dips in it - one was a hard landing and s****ed all the underneath of the front splitter

a few months later one of the gang did it in his megane and took most of the underneath shields off and even the front bumper came loose :001_unsure:

that mustve hit hard . . . any suspension mods lowering etc makes it worse

I get air time every Sunday after work down a ramp coming out of the car park in Stockport, big long run up aswell :wink: warrenty ftw

that mustve hit hard . . . any suspension mods lowering etc makes it worse

thats why i have not bothered lowering mine - buttertubs, askrig, tan hill and cam gill lane far too many dips and crests - standard suspension has a hard time coping :rolleyes:

yeah my cars standard suspension so were ok lol, i kinda wanna go back on the road again tho it was a cracking we thing, just gotta remember the hills next time around tho :rolleyes:

Few years back someone my mate knew went hurtling over a humpback bridge, with a car coming the other way.

lol he panicked tried turning the wheels in mid air and when the car landed it shoot of in the ditch, was a complete right off, was funny at the time but it could have been a lot worse.

Last edited: