Afternoon all! Blue 197 in Reading

Goodchia

Paid Member
Hi all,

Hope everyone's well.

Good to be finally be part of the community!

attachment.php

Apologies for the awful picture, my phone has a potato camera.

Attachments

• v.jpg
    v.jpg
    90.6 KB · Views: 73
Last edited:
Welcome to the forum mate. Nice to see another Albi Blue Clio :thumbup1:

Deaks, I live in Caversham as well, few doors down from the Prince of Wales!

You don't also happen to be the owner of the 197 I tore down the A329 and then up the A4 with a few months ago, do you? That dude was brave.

Fair! I live about a few hundred metres from you then on St Annes Road just by the bridge. And no that wasn't me, what car was it haha?

Ah, sweet.

It was almost identical to yours... I think anyway, we were going quite quickly.

He came along side me just after the Cemetry Junction turn off on the A329 and gave me the 'shall we..?' look... It was fairly late in the evening and quiet so I obliged.

I tell you, if you ever want to test the lift-off oversteer ability of a 197 just push the car a bit too hard around the TVP rounabout at the end of the A329 when it's damp and let off the gas... Christ, ha

Do you do any track days? I've been thinking about taking mine to one but not really sure which are suitable etc.

Cheers

Hahaa nar definitely wasn't me as I'd remember that.

My girlfriend lives near Bracknell though so Im down the A329(M) all the time.

Yeah the lift off is pretty neat, can get quite alot of rotation in the car for turn ins!

And i was looking at going Castle Combe on Monday as it's close but put off as my mate isn't up for it and it's meant to be wet.. I've only been in clios around Bedford, Brands Hatch and the Nordschleife mate. If you're up for one though let me know, I'm game!

Ah, I work in Bracknell so up and down it everyday, unforunately.

I'm definitely up for a track day next month when I'm back from holiday, I'll PM you when I'm back and can sort it out.

Castle Combe sounds like a shout...I've never done a track day so the closer the better, recovery will be cheaper if I accidently bin it :lol: