After some Turbo advice please

Used to be a Meg but he's built that insane 200 turbo engine, the blokes a genius.

doesnt state on his thread what block he used when forged it? Its still using megane achillaries, so is it really a f4r turbo conversion, or just a f4rt conversion using clio 200 block which is more or less the same block as the meganes?

doesnt state on his thread what block he used when forged it? Its still using megane achillaries, so is it really a f4r turbo conversion, or just a f4rt conversion using clio 200 block which is more or less the same block as the meganes?

Def a Clio lump, I asked him :wink:, also check the position of the oil filler cap, that'll give you a clue.

My bad, alittle confusing with all the megane achillaries on there. I would look at the turbo conversion the same as the supercharger conversion and keep all the 197 bits on the engine like plenum/throtyle body ect.

My bad, alittle confusing with all the megane achillaries on there. I would look at the turbo conversion the same as the supercharger conversion and keep all the 197 bits on the engine like plenum/throtyle body ect.

Totally agree, when I first saw it I thought it was a 250 lump. Looks like it has bits from everything.

One of the Meganesport lads drove my car the other week and he couldn't believe how quick it was, his Meg is running just over 300bhp and 330lb torque but he reckons I'd annihilate him.

I guess that difference is down to the different gearbox and a bit of weight.

Overall I'm really happy with the Clio box and for fast road driving not once have I thought "I need a diff". 1st and 2nd gear are over too soon but once you hit 3rd, 4th, 5th and 6th its an absolute animal.

I really look forward to driving in it, and I think its great when people approach the projects in different ways. Just makes the site more diverse.

I really look forward to driving in it, and I think its great when people approach the projects in different ways. Just makes the site more diverse.

I'm looking forward to your verdict too, I think you'll like the difference but tbh we both have totally different driving styles so our gearbox choices are both perfect.

I'm due to go up Ste's a week Monday so if your about it'd be an ideal time to have a go in the drivers seat, be good to see how each car is side by side too

Are k-tec doing a super charger kit? What kind of power and price is that? surly less work than a conversion?

There about the same money really, trouble is unless you have deep pockets you hit another wall straight away though. Next step you really need to forge it, uprate valves, fuel system, its amazing when its done and nothing quite like it, sounds unreal, but more expensive....trust me lol!!

yep! I'm definitely taking the turbo route, RS tuning have said basically source the bits and give him a should and he'll get it fitted up for me, I obviously need a block and a gearbox, what else should I be buying? Intercooler etc... If anyone's done it and could give me a list that would be brilliant!

I've written a guide in the "how to" section.. Talk to Paul at RS Tuning about ecu as you may not need the meg ecu!

Mine is the original engine btw, clio block and head...

Andy

Yea? I've emailed him back asking just what I need, I'll have a look at your guide later :smile: I'd heard I'd not nessaceraly need to change wires/ecu but it's a cloudy subject to me haha

think youll need the megane ecu as ive heard even thou the clio ecu is the same as the megane its a bugger to get the meganes setting flashed to the ecu. as was wiring the clio and meganes engine looms has to be frankensteined together

think youll need the megane ecu as ive heard even thou the clio ecu is the same as the megane its a bugger to get the meganes setting flashed to the ecu. as was wiring the clio and meganes engine looms has to be frankensteined together

Mine runs meg ecu and meg loom, when I wired it up, it wasn't particularly difficult; but talking with RS Tuning last week, they feel confident about running a meg engine with a clio ecu.

Fort you had to had a few cables from the clios loom, remember you showing a drawing of the plugs.

Mine runs meg ecu and meg loom, when I wired it up, it wasn't particularly difficult; but talking with RS Tuning last week, they feel confident about running a meg engine with a clio ecu.

Really ? Maybe I'm thinking of the older cars but I thought the ecu couldn't handle boost or positive inlet pressures something like that.

Impressive if they can though as that seems to have been a stumbling block for some people.

I was thinking of just buying a low miler donor car, then stripping it and selling the rest to make some money back. So I suppose if I need looms/ecu I'll have them :smile: if not, great! Less hassle :tongueout:

to be fair there a the same ecu just flashed different, for the hassle just use everything of the donor car