Advice Regarding Audio Upgrade

porsche_gregory

Platinum Member
Had the 197 about a month now and am pondering wether to give it an audio upgrade, I am starting to miss the MTX system and Pioneer HU I had in my last car. I LOVE BASS :drool: !!

My main concern is I DONT want to loose my fingertip controls and the Bluetooth, I dont know the first thing about fitting Audio Components etc. and so just looking for some straight YES / NO answers really, no use telling me about connector points or w.e as it will go straight over my head :blink:

Im considering keeping the standard HU but would I get better quality sound from an aftermarket HU ??

Can I have an Amp / Sub fitted to the Standard head unit?

What HU do you recomend if I do decide to change (with pictures / fitted)?

Will I loose the finger tip controls & bluetooth if having the above fitted?

What speakers come factory fitted and are they good quality??

Cheers :thumbup:

I know you can get the fingertip controls to work, but you have to check the HU is compatable and what extra bits you will need. As for the rest, I don't really know! Lol! I'd imagine an amp and sub would be ok though.

Im considering keeping the standard HU but would I get better quality sound from an aftermarket HU ??
Yes, the standard headunit is definitely the weak point in the standard system

Can I have an Amp / Sub fitted to the Standard head unit?
Yes, you can with a high-level converter

What HU do you recomend if I do decide to change (with pictures / fitted)?
All depends on budget but I'd suggest a pioneer or alpine

Will I loose the finger tip controls & bluetooth if having the above fitted?
You can get an adapter to make the steering controls work but I doubt you'll get the standard bluetooth to work. Some headunits have built in bluetooth though and some have optional bluetooth boxes that you can add to them

What speakers come factory fitted and are they good quality??
In my 197 they're blaupunkt, with a decent headunit and a bit of equalizer tweaking they can sound reasonable. They will never be amazing though and won't give you big bass at high volumes

Cheers :thumbup:

Hope that helps

Think ill be installing a high level convertor, amp and upgrading the door speakers/tweeters with something a little more higher quality.

Similar Thread Suggestions