Advice on a claim needed please.

So to hear this @ yannis! So f##ked up there is no way to protects the average honest motorist in this situation! Even if you had a friend as a witness they wouldnt have been allowed to because they are a friend or even if they were in the car with you! Surely your insurance company would protect/ back you up more than this! Who are they ? So i know never to go with them! Hope you get the outcome you deserve and are looking for mate. ☺

surely this is why you pay your insurance premium?

your insurance company takes this on your behalf and if necessary makes representation on your behalf...or are those days over and its a case of takes your money but if theres any difficulties its YOUR job to sort it out....

I say this as they are the "experts" as my boss at work keeps reminding me about my job :blink:

I know Chris right? I'm with Sky insurance, I've been with them since they were trading in the forum and I kept renewing my policy. Let's see what the outcome will be..

These were exactly my thoughts [MENTION=29]foxspeed[/MENTION]. It's not that I killed someone or anything, I'd expect that the insurance would represent me and sort it out since we all know that there is no evidence at all. Such a pain in the a$$ right now..I'm gonna have to make some phone calls tomorrow morning I guess..

I'm struggling to find a definitive answer, but I'm fairly sure you would not be obliged to attend a court in Austria for a minor motor incident. I've read about some personal injury cases which have been brought to UK courts; however, I'm still not sure how that works exactly. Your Insurer should have a free legal help line, so if you give that a call you can speak to a (mostly) independent solicitor for free, as the advice from your claims handler could be that its cheaper and easier (for them) to accept full liability.

Similar Thread Suggestions