Actual BHP?

I have seen some threads with people saying what BHP they have got from various mods and stuff, they all seem to be around 200bhp, aren't these cars 197bhp standard? Why call them that if they aren't?

So if these aren't 197 standard, what are 182's/172's in comparision? Is there much difference head to head?

Im puzzled :blink:

they are 197 PS which converts to 194BHP however not very many are 194bhp. Mines tuned and only made 187bhp, every engine is different.

as above really, 172/182s were the same values in PS, coverted to bhp were 168/179ish, but again most were nowhere near those figures. i know weres theres a good un forsale. lol

Ive looked on there site, its not on there. Autoworld willenhall junction 10 M6. My old car, few mods on it (half leather recaros) well looked after. Pm for details

I've got a 197 with mods and raced a 172 earlier today and it pulled away from me. I need mine remapped and would like to find out what it's running really.

Would have my R27 Ly over the 172 any day tho !!

I'd like to think my 200 is pulling a healthy figure.

Raced a 172 ph2 with all the usual inlets done, filter and exhaust and my 200 overtook it.
Was the longest and slowest pass ever, but I was just glad the little 172 didn't pull away lol.

But then I'm not sure on his mileage either, could be 50K or 150K maintained of abused.

My 172 wasn't shy, was definately quicker than my 200, but it wasn't standard.
I'd pick my 200 in a flash, they may be the same straight line, but ride/comfort etc is 10000x better in the mk3 and the handling and brakes are immense

Last edited:
I'd like to think my 200 is pulling a healthy figure.

Raced a 172 ph2 with all the usual inlets done, filter and exhaust and my 200 overtook it.
Was the longest and slowest pass ever, but I was just glad the little 172 didn't pull away lol.

But then I'm not sure on his mileage either, could be 50K or 150K maintained of abused.

My 172 wasn't shy, was definately quicker than my 200, but it wasn't standard.
I'd pick my 200 in a flash, they may be the same straight line, but ride/comfort etc is 10000x better in the mk3 and the handling and brakes are immense
You knew all the modifications... And yet didn't think to look at the mileage?

:blink:

Don't know what my 197 is running but I do know my old 172 was/felt much quicker!!
As said though the 197 does look and handle better and is a much nicer car to be in so I'd still keep it;-)
Just wish it was a little quicker:-(

My 172 felt/was a little wicker, but I think the 172/182 give that experience to because it's a much smaller unrefined car with handling and brakes not as good as the 197/200's

So you felt you were on the limit more