Accurate parts information and lhd v rhd.

Hi All.

Some cross pollenation going on here, one of you guys registered at Northloop as he has a Clio in build for DN. I also have a Clio 200 Cup, but it needs some work. Thought I would register and say hi.

My Clio had a small engine fire, suspect the alternator overheated due to the location, that and it caught fire at Spa so might have over reached the rectification heat dissipation capabilities with high revs on a very hot day... but its a bit hard to tell now.

Only the front right corner has damage so it will live again (if your must catch fire, a racetrack with marshalls isn't a bad place for it to happen)... but to do that needs some under-bonnet parts. We've enough crashed Clio's in Nurburg that I have more or less all the bodywork bits I need. And two engines to make one good one with.

Never had to source Renault bits before though. And until only moments ago I had no idea there was different specs of F4R engine. I think mine is an 832 variant as its a the 200 Cup.

Is there anywhere to check the vin number for the production date? (the documents are in Germany right now, I am not)

The car is left hand drive. Does anyone know if a lhd engine wiring loom is different from a rhd loom? And how could I find out for sure? Since there will be several questions like this before the car works again I would like to learn where to source this myself rather than pester someone with every question. If this was my R1 or M3 I could show people in minutes how to check parts diagrams. All self help Clio parts info has been fruitless though... and I've worked on the other side of the counter so know how much of a twat you look when people ask for spares for the blue car, might be a 2009...

Cheers

Andy

Hi Andy.

Re the VIN, you can email Renault Customer Services and they'll provide you with manufacture information, spec etc of your car.

In my experience with Clios, they're probably identical, or at least very similar. I'll let someone who knows more specific details answer you properly though.