About to buy a second-hand Clio R27

Dear all,

I am on the verge of buying a second-hand red Clio R27 in Singapore. It is a Nov 2008 registered car with limited edition plate number #1886. There are less than 10 in Singapore so if I don't jump on this I may not see another.

The car is in great condition and has been fully-serviced by the distributor. However, it has been a daily driver and has clocked approx 82,000 km. Although the R27 is naturally aspirated and with a manual gearbox which should make it more robust, I am slightly worried about the relatively high mileage.

Can I ask for feedback from R27 owners who have clocked up good mileage on their cars - does the car take mileage well? Is it still bullet-proof 60,000km plus? And what critical things should I be looking out for before making the purchase?

Appreciate any feedback or comments. Thanks very much! Fingers-crossed all goes well and I'll be able to join you as a proud fellow Renault owner soon! :smile:

The mechanics are identical to a normal car. The R27 is effectively a top spec car with cup pack, Recaro seats, stickers and a plaque with the number.

Good luck with the purchase :smile:

Thanks both!

Any more advice from other R27 owners out there?

c

I sold my R27 at 62,000 miles. I only sold it as I wanted more power. It still felt like a new car to be honest so I guess, providing its been well maintained and not had a hard life, you should be ok.

i bought the car! am really chuffed with it - drives like a dream. one question - i get a bit of vibration through the steering wheel at idle, is this normal or does it mean my engine mounts at worn?

c

I'm no expert but that does sound like a good explanation. I'd say if it got worse if you tried to move but left the handbrake on then it would be the mounts.