200: AB 200 time attack

so toke the rs to a head 2 head time attack event on Sunday, just went for abit off fun and a chance to give the clio a good reving. Have never done any time on the track or anything like this before so was really looking forward to it.

was in the FWD N/A class, against dc2 interga's civics etc...

just done three runs other the whole day (didnt want to reck the wie car), was very tight wie track they had made 2nd-3rd gear. On first run got a time off 48.2 against a dc2 which got 47.9 and he had done alot off runs as he helped make the track. So seeing that i was on it stright away i thought i would give it another go. Went out again within the half hour, went alot smoother as i new the track this time and felt faster but i got a 48.38 this time so was slower.

another havin a burger and a few smokes i fought i would give it another go, ditched my mate who was in with me the first two runs and went for it. didnt get far into it and the civic i was up against hit the tyre wall. he got sorted and we went again, got a 46.5 which i was real happy with.

anyway, was very happy with the wie car, took some beating, tyres done alot off balling tho but the rs done me proud so good i won. came first in my group and turn out i had also beat the turbo'd fwd cars. hybrid turbo'd starlets a4 etc... hear's a few pic's.

thanks for reading guys :smile:

rs3bhp.jpg

rs4bhp.jpg

rs5bhp.jpg

rsbhp2.jpg

rsbhp.jpg

rsjon442.jpg

rsjon443.jpg

rsjon44.jpg

rswin.jpg

rstrophy.jpg

+1 :thumbup1:

worth it for the crumpet on the bonnet :tongueout:anic:

didnt someone say you had to spend £80k on car to make it competitive...

nope ,

1- we were referring to http://www.timeattack.co.uk/2011/index.php not timed runs around a " track", in one of the pics op is not even wearing a helmet !!!

2- the 80k reference was to the threads op idea of sc a clio thus fwd forced induction so your wrong again there

might be worth revisiting the original thread if your unsure about anything :tongueout:anic:

Cheers guys, was well chuffed!! Ya it diffs an unique awesome wie car. Ya this was just an local event, not a professional event. But was still a tough wie track with some serious track cars there. Mods should start on the rs next month. Starting with middle box out, induction kit, change off bulbs, number plates and poss tints.

Ps also had a 1/2 mile rollin start against a dc2 240brake at the end of the day, length and bit on him :smile: and yes it was on a private track.