A3 Hindhead Tunnel

A3 Hindhead Tunnel

Dont know how many of you have heard about the opening of the Hindhead tunnel but the build has been going on for years and theres plenty of us that have been eagerly awaiting thrashing our cars through it.........so last night Myself (cliosxt) and my mate in his 318 msport took the opportunity

I also recently purchased a JDM SSQV sounds familiar to the HKS SSQV? ......its the same but at a fraction of the cost and this gave me a good chance to find out what it really sounds like (big kid at christmas)

Appologies for the sounds quality you may want to listen on a decent set of speakers.

http://youtu.be/WwJ-zc8KtH0

not a very good video. you have put a fake wastegate on your clio?????

I keep meaning to take the 133 down there as im only in Guildford but its the thought of uncovering it to cover it back up :lol:

ahhh yes just realised that when looking at his progress thread. Im guessing the 318 was alot faster but he was being more sensible?

manchester airport tunnels are amazing. i took my car through there a couple of times but its hard to record sound when you are traveling at speed as you only get wind noise.

It is indeed a 1.2tce no fake wastegate :s
Its really annoying if I only I had a windbreaker for the microphone lol
To be completely honest no the 318 is definately NOT faster lower down through the gears as proven in the video, both myself and the 318 pulled from 2nd and the outcome speaks for itself. How pulling from 2nd to the national speedlimit in an empty tunnel constitutes unsensible im not sure?

ahhh yes just realised that when looking at his progress thread. Im guessing the 318 was alot faster but he was being more sensible?

manchester airport tunnels are amazing. i took my car through there a couple of times but its hard to record sound when you are traveling at speed as you only get wind noise.

Im the driver of the BM 318ci.
The Clio 1.2TCE is a verry impressive car!
Neither of us were being unsensible in the tunnel we barly broke 60mph.

Half way there well to a gt lol ive got the engine the car just needs to lose some weight:smile:

I use to have a silver Twingo GT with carbon bonnet, 172 wheels so on so on. Changed to a Renaultsport and wouldnt go back unless then bank said i had to :lol:

To be fair though i have a Clio 1.2 I music with a 1.2 16V and love the thing means i dont need to drive the go cart all the time :wink:

Plus i use it for plottering around so dont need the power.

I use to have a silver Twingo GT with carbon bonnet, 172 wheels so on so on. Changed to a Renaultsport and wouldnt go back unless then bank said i had to :lol:

To be fair though i have a Clio 1.2 I music with a 1.2 16V and love the thing means i dont need to drive the go cart all the time :wink:

Plus i use it for plottering around so dont need the power.

I know what you mean Im very temped with a renaultsport but I couldnt go without a turbo now, the clio's always been abit of an inbetween car before I go german anyways. Ill get it remapped to keep me happy for a little longer before the swap!

I know what you mean Im very temped with a renaultsport but I couldnt go without a turbo now, the clio's always been abit of an inbetween car before I go german anyways. Ill get it remapped to keep me happy for a little longer before the swap!

Once you own a Renaultsport you wouldnt want a Non Renaultsport again unless its for ploding around in.

German not my cuppa tea i have a few mates that a VW made but not for me even though one or two look stunning.

Once you own a Renaultsport you wouldnt want a Non Renaultsport again unless its for ploding around in.

German not my cuppa tea i have a few mates that a VW made but not for me even though one or two look stunning.

Ive test driven the 197 and im not sure of the actual name the megane f1? renaultsport? but not a twingo yet.
I guess I just want that nice 'golf' noise when closing the door rather than the sound of throwing a can at a wall lol