Nice list of parts/upgrades on the way mate. Good times up ahead.

A: ITG Maxogen
If you don't like it you can always sell it on. Nothing lost imo

Very valid point - everyone has conflicting arguments on gains which makes these decisions difficult.

Have a look at @A1axx thread. He's had a lot of work done to his motor and actual pub talk BHP gains are minimal over standard. But his driveability and grin factor will have gone through the roof. Would probably sound amazing too. Food for thought

Reactions: ///M and A1axx
Have a look at @A1axx thread. He's had a lot of work done to his motor and actual pub talk BHP gains are minimal over standard. But his driveability and grin factor will have gone through the roof. Would probably sound amazing too. Food for thought

Yea it drove badly due to confusing the ecu with bolt ons!! Big flat spot!

Think the gain is around 16bhp, probably 5 more than without cams, but I haven't done any back to back,

Main thing is the drivability

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: ///M
Yea it drove badly due to confusing the ecu with bolt ons!! Big flat spot!

Think the gain is around 16bhp, probably 5 more than without cams, but I haven't done any back to back,

Main thing is the drivability

In terms of drivability, could you elaborate?

My confusion lies with how can it be more driveable if the flat spot is larger? (I have had a diy cheap induction on it before)
I get the sound and the throttle response may be slightly improve but in regards to the flat spot the car just seemed to misfire (could be a different issue) up until 3k-4k revs..

In terms of drivability, could you elaborate?

My confusion lies with how can it be more driveable if the flat spot is larger? (I have had a diy cheap induction on it before)
I get the sound and the throttle response may be slightly improve but in regards to the flat spot the car just seemed to misfire (could be a different issue) up until 3k-4k revs..

After bolting a load of bits on, it has been almost undriveable, massive flat spot, misfiring etc when driving in traffic etc, and ok in terms of flat out.

After mapping its obviously taken that away! its like a double hit, you gain a little bit of performance from the mods, but also massive improvement of overall driveablility. Of course I have a standard cup too, if you leave it alone theres no issue

After bolting a load of bits on, it has been almost undriveable, massive flat spot, misfiring etc when driving in traffic etc, and ok in terms of flat out.

After mapping its obviously taken that away! its like a double hit, you gain a little bit of performance from the mods, but also massive improvement of overall driveablility. Of course I have a standard cup too, if you leave it alone theres no issue

Very interesting - Would you recommend getting a ITG Maxogen or play it safe and get the Panel filter?

It will be going in for a Map at some point once a majority of the work is done, however it's not going anywhere anytime fast for 4-5 Months.

Very interesting - Would you recommend getting a ITG Maxogen or play it safe and get the Panel filter?

It will be going in for a Map at some point once a majority of the work is done, however it's not going anywhere anytime fast for 4-5 Months.

Buy the best you can and fit just before the mapping mate! Won't be any improvement besides noise and more flat spot until it mapped! Panel filter is fine to have a filter you can clean yourself :wink: