A proper fun track car........... Hopefully. F1. 197

Hello all.

So I now find my self with a new toy to get some fun in. I've been doing the odd trackday for a while now in a German brand but decided the costs of tyres and other items prohibit some of the fun to be had.

I've had the new toy for about 2 weeks now and first impressions are good. Infact the feel and feed back from the 197 is excellent and I can't wait to get it on its first outing to LeMans in a couple of weeks.

Got some mods on order with a second set of rubber to go on for the day so fingers crossed.

I'll let you know how it goes.

Cheers and hello.

Ps. Love the Recaros

Welcome!!! :smile:

Glad to hear you're enjoying the Clio, cracking cars. What else have you got planned mods-wise then?

Mods and Pics

Hi Roy.
I have pics on my iPad but can't seem to upload them from it. Roy I see you have a steering wheel trim? Have you had the wheel recovered? I would like mine recovered with black alcantera. Any advice as to who or where?

Willis the mods are simple at the moment. H&R springs and wheel spacers. I've got a second set of wheels that I've just had refurbed with Toyo 888 on. The car apparently has a K-Tec chip but initial runs along side my friends LY F1 197 without chip seems no different. I see you've changed quite a lot to improve breathing and changed your exhaust. How do you find the performance?

Attachments

• IMG_1373.jpg
    IMG_1373.jpg
    94.4 KB · Views: 22
Last edited:
Some good plans there mate, the H&Rs work very well with the Cup Dampers. :smile:

Regards my mods, she's noticably faster/stronger than standard now. Ate a standard 197 going up Clay Hill at Oulton Park, I'm not sure on what sort of power she is as I've not had her on the rollers since everything was done and I'd like a Remap really to get the most out of everything, but there's been an improvement. The biggest difference came from the TB and the V6 Airbox, they both made big steps. The exhaust/sports-cat smoothed things out a lot and no doubt has made some difference too. I'm pretty much at the limit of what can be done now without Cams or internal work.

Are you planning on doing any trackdays?

There's Austin-182 and Edge Automotive that do retrimming by the way although I don't think Austin has started doing the wheels yet. :smile:

Cheers I will check out the links you've suggested. TB? Turbo?

As for trackdays. I'm doing LeMans in a couple of weeks. I plan on doing Brands Hatch, Lydden being as its the local track. And whatever else comes up in the UK. I'm organising a Spa Trackday for November and if the ring is open we will be going there the day before Spa..

Cheers.

Sorry, I mean TB as in the enlarged Throttle Body. The standard one is 60mm diameter but I'm using a 63mm one now. :smile:

Excellent, these things really come into their own on track. :thumbup: