A new Renault Sport added to the fleet

maybe a bit of a daft post, as I haven't picked it up yet... pics to follow when its collected.
but today, ive made a bit of an impulse purchase as ive always quite liked the look of the Phase 1 172's, especially in black which I believe are fairly rare.

I had a bit of a jest to the misses last night about how funny it would be to have one added to the fleet after I spotted it pop up for sale, and this morning the impulsive side of me decided to snap up the car.

so now, in our ownership from the Renault Sport range is:

a black Clio phase 1 172
a Clio Trophy track car
and a black 197 R27.

the only remaining task is to trade the Jeep in for a late Kuga TDCI.
not a bad line up on the driveway for a bit of fun and practicality :smile:

Haha - really want mine to sell soon so i can get a Meg.

You'll have to get some pics up soon of your collection. Will also have to arrange with Stephen some time about get a few pics of all the cars

no worries,
although, the Trophy isn't a road legal car anyhow.
the R27 is still sat on its spare wheels and track slicks since the return from the ring.... its not been used for 6 weeks :worried:

one day ill hop on to sorting it out.

have you had any decent interest within the car yet?

I know, I know, I will do when I pick it up.
ill see if I can get a few pics of them all together :smile:

Was texting Stephen this morning. Think he may text you soon and see when your free for to get a load of pics of all the cars

starting to feel greedy now :smile:

other than the black ph1 172, which we are still yet to pick up as the owner wanted to remove his private plate first, and currently waiting on the return of the V5.
...on Saturday morning, a mates garage gave me a call, he had a '52 plate silver 172 sat at his work with what he called 'a bit of a problem' and asked me if I would mind popping down to see him.

when I get there, im greeted by this car sat outside, overall a pretty decent condition car, a couple of petty marks here and there but it looked really nice.

018B75DF-69D3-4B2E-AFFF-12851DD24F44_zpssn2bhhrz.gif

he took me to the front of the car, popped the bonnet and said 'the cambelt has let go, and the engine is suspect to being fudged'.

no big drama I though, engines for these are easy enough to source, and replace.
when he then asked me if I wanted it!
luckily enough, I have a spare 172 engine sat in my unit in the collection of spares for the Trophy track car, and probably many other parts ive horded for it over the last year.
so its been snapped up at one hell of a peachy bargain price, and will be gracing the unit within a day or two.

the misses just laughed, that's 4 clios in ownership now (well, almost)

My god Kelv, its a wonder the Mrs ever lets you leave the house or browse the internet!!

I have enough trouble finding the time to drive out ONE Clio at the weekends, let alone having four of them!! Well played Sir.

I think she is letting me having my fun on a short term basis, as we found out a couple of weeks back that we are now due with our second little one.

TBH, ill part with one of them in the new year, either the black ph1 or the silver 172 once the engine is replaced.
the Clio's are only a part of the fleet, and if truth be told the black ph1 was an impulse purchase, and the silver one is too good an opportunity to miss, especially when I have the spares to fix it.

Black ph1 sold already, short ownership on that one, but even so it did more miles in our ownership than the 197 has done :blush:mg: