A little bit confused alpine question.

Hello i was wondering if some1 could answer my question please

ive got the following head unit Alpine CDE-111RHAL, it reads the following on the halfords web site Stalk / Steering Control Ready with additional adaptor and also reads the following on the alpine website Steering Wheel Remote Control, does that mean it will work with the original Renault stalk fitted to my 197 with a connect 2 cable to make it all work.

ive ordered 1 of the following

1 x Renault Scenic, Clio, Modus Steering Wheel Control Adaptor Lead - CTSRN005

thank you very much.

Hello i was wondering if some1 could answer my question please

ive got the following head unit Alpine CDE-111RHAL, it reads the following on the halfords web site Stalk / Steering Control Ready with additional adaptor and also reads the following on the alpine website Steering Wheel Remote Control, does that mean it will work with the original Renault stalk fitted to my 197 with a connect 2 cable to make it all work.

ive ordered 1 of the following

1 x Renault Scenic, Clio, Modus Steering Wheel Control Adaptor Lead - CTSRN005

thank you very much.

What you need is the following
1 x CON-CTSRN005 - CTSRN005 CAN-Bus steering control adaptor
1 x CON-CTALPINELEAD - Connects2 Alpine Stalk Adaptor (this plugs into the can bus and goes into back of alpine head unit)

Also Car Audio Direct is probably cheaper than halfords

Last edited:
i take it this 1 x CON-CTALPINELEAD - Connects2 Alpine Stalk Adaptor (this plugs into the can bus and goes into back of alpine head unit)

is this alpine patch lead thing??

i take it this 1 x CON-CTALPINELEAD - Connects2 Alpine Stalk Adaptor (this plugs into the can bus and goes into back of alpine head unit)

is this alpine patch lead thing??

its a lead connects2 do, as then the can bus adaptor is universal (to make of HU) then you just buy the relevant lead for your headunit, it'll have a block connector that goes into canbus then mini stereo jack 3.5mm(if i remember right) that plugs into the Alpine head unit at the back.

http://www.caraudiodirect.co.uk/connects2-can-bus-alpine-adaptor.html

All controls work a dream although you get Renault displayed on centre display but small price to pay as all the actual controls work fine

Alpine confirmed to me a while back they do a unit that will work with display but at £100 lot more money and some on here have said in some cases it hasn't worked so I'd stick with the connects2