A Happy Compromise recat

catwalrus

Paid Member
Been running a KTR cat back with a decat for a few months and after the novelty of it sounding like a race car I have started to hate the attention that it draws and the drone when not pushing on.
so I put the cat back on and I am very pleased with the result, it has not lost the growl and is still loud when u push on but it now has its stealth mode back!
according to the iPhone db meter it has dropped 3-4 db on tick over and about the same at 30 mph
but the big thing is the booming drone has been reduced.
Very happy, sounds how I always wanted it and I don't feel like a yobo all the time just when I want to

Was the Decat really that bad? I'm getting the system hopefully in a few weeks and was wandering about the Drone/Noise. Do you drive a lot of motorway miles?

I thought even with a cat in that the ktec droned horribly, I sold my brand new system after 4 weeks because I couldn't live with the motorway drone any longer. Best decision ever to go back standard!

I did really like it for a bit but if ur in the motorway a lot I think the cat is a must it now sounds like it should of stock.
After running it for a couple of days I now think it is running better even pulls a little harder, flat spot has pritty much gone.
Crusing at motorway speeds is now no problem and I don't run rear seats!

I have the same setup with the K-TEC and sounds good but i am about to try something a bit different with a Akrapovic evo with the centre silancer out and getting a map tweek at the same time,few who have done it said it sounds great just hope i dont do what you have done and regret it.

I hated mine. Droned way to loud. Got the akro now no drone there

Ive done 8000 on my ktec with decat and the noise pleases me, the drone is only bad if you hit 80, if I go 70 with the radio on you cant tell I have an exhaust.

Do you like the akro system, keen to see what these sound like!