A Glorious Morning

....until I discovered Renault Sport, I used to get a little glum this time of year as winter approaches.....but it's beginning to grow on me. This morning the air was so perfect for Induction the 197 was singing gloriously as I drove through the country roads to work. Dog walkers stopped to watch as I howled past!.....performance was so good I had to take a diversion, arriving late and sacrificing my hard earned flexi time!!

LOL, great little story there mate.

Were the dog walkers stopped because you just floated past them and they loved the car or because they were waving their fists in anger :tongue_smilie:

...I like to think they were very impressed with what they heard first and glimpsed later, reminding them of up coming WRC....but they probably just though I was a nob!

I always thought it was in my head, but the 197 pulls like a beast in cold weather, I even think it sounds different!

...I like to think they were very impressed with what they heard first and glimpsed later, reminding them of up coming WRC....but they probably just though I was a nob!

lol, well basically you just showed them what kinda stuff they have missed! :thumbup1:

I always thought it was in my head, but the 197 pulls like a beast in cold weather, I even think it sounds different!

Yeah i find that too, so any excuse to get up early on a saturday or sunday morning and go for a blast along the backroads..

....the engine sounded great....induction definately sounds deeper in cool conditions and there was even a bit of popping on the over-run after getting to max RPM!!

Does the standard exhaust actually pop? Reason I ask this is cause recently I've noticed for about 5 mins when I drive my car from cold, everytime I change gear (more in the lower gears) there's a slight "popping" sound coming from behind me, but it stops when the car is warm??

Does the standard exhaust actually pop? Reason I ask this is cause recently I've noticed for about 5 mins when I drive my car from cold, everytime I change gear (more in the lower gears) there's a slight "popping" sound coming from behind me, but it stops when the car is warm??

...I get this too....and the usual kangarooing from cold......if I wind my car up enough, I can hear popping from the exhaust on the over-run, especially if there are walls or banks to reflect the noise off....only on cold days though.......maybe something to do with condensing rates as the gasses are expelled into cold air (??)

Same here and on the over-run

cold air is much denser hence better air/petrol mix better performance and explains the pops and bangs god i love the cold weather long may it last

Well at least its not just my car then lol! That's the only downside is the kangarooing getting worse in the cold :worried:

have you tried switching the TC off for the first 5 minutes it works a treat on mine no roo's for 2 years nearly

Yep, sorted it the first few times but now it does it regardless. The only way I can really stop it is if I get the revs up high in 1st quickly...

I'm wondering if a change of fuel to 99 octane might help matter though?

I do love driving in the mornings though, I leave for work at 6.30am and the roads are nice and quiet :smiley: