62mph

Paul

Platinum Member
Just got back from the Professional Beauty show :drool: in Manchester. Its the GF's career and I went along to be 'supportive,' anyways the journey home I couldn't help but laugh at trying to get back over the Pennines in a 1.1 Citroen C2. It is quite windy which doesn't help but the highest speed we reached climbing the hill from Rochdale to Saddleworth Moor was 62mph :clap: and that was only because I had to drop it into 4th lol!

I wished I was in my car so badly. The embarrassment was too much lol! :oops:

bet you were shouting at the poor car FASTER ,FASTER wernt you
ahhhhh poor car

lol horrible going from the clio to another car not having that power to overtake isnt it?

I do this motorway on a regular basis, I can assure you that in a 2 ton transit van with 85hp I have the exact same problem.

There is something strangely satisfying about ragging the nuts off a small engined car though I always found in my 1.2 Clios anyway!

Yeah I was shouting at it, also shaking my head and laughing at the fact the camper van in front was pulling away!!! The sooner she gets a 200 the better! :lol:

Yeah I was shouting at it, also shaking my head and laughing at the fact the camper van in front was pulling away!!! The sooner she gets a 200 the better! :lol:

I warned you that this would happen, it doesn't do hills!!! Quite impressed you managed to get a worse mpg in mine than yours though :lol: plus I was only joking about the camper van getting away from us I was quite shocked :eek:

I do love my lil car though, I can't imagine getting rid :bye2:

Will keep dropping hints about the 200 as a company car this week though!

I get the same feeling after getting back in the clio after being out on the bike. ! I'm thinking More power if I'm stuck in a bit of traffic! I do love the clio just as it is tho!

Haha, know that frustrating feeling too! After driving a 1.2 Punto 900km across Italy for a week, getting back in the Clio was fantastic.

A powerful car can get you into trouble but can also get you out of trouble, but a less powerful car can't (really) get you into trouble but struggles to get you out of trouble!

Worse still is the fact that my work van is a lease hire so I'm not allowed to get a generic map for it either. Ghey.

Just got back from the Professional Beauty show :drool: in Manchester. Its the GF's career and I went along to be 'supportive,' anyways the journey home I couldn't help but laugh at trying to get back over the Pennines in a 1.1 Citroen C2. It is quite windy which doesn't help but the highest speed we reached climbing the hill from Rochdale to Saddleworth Moor was 62mph :clap: and that was only because I had to drop it into 4th lol!

I wished I was in my car so badly. The embarrassment was too much lol! :oops:

I know the feeling Paul!

My daily drive is a 1.2 punto with an explosive 90bhp!!!!!! :rofl:
Any kind of slope and it decides that I am not in any rush to get to my destination, and that is just with me in! :shout:
But an underpowered car can be alot of fun at the right time! :smiley:
I live for the moment when I go for an overtake on a single carrigeway!

OOOO foook what have I got then 70?????
Was sure that it said in the back of Top Gear mag that the 1.2 was 90bhp. :closedeyes:

Either way there is diesel generators with more power! :smiley:

I love driving the Ka but it's gets a bit annoying when you want to overtake something, you gets used to drpping it down a cog or 2, pressing the loaned pedal and it just shifting lol

OOOO foook what have I got then 70?????
Was sure that it said in the back of Top Gear mag that the 1.2 was 90bhp. :closedeyes:

Either way there is diesel generators with more power! :smiley:
you can have as many horses as you like mate under that bonnet lol