3M Carbon Vinyl Interior

I got some of the 3M carbon vinyl... Here are some pics of what I did last night.. The centre console was a bit of a nightmare but got there in the end! I blew up a hairdryer in the process, had to run to a 24hr Tesco to get another one just so I could finish it! lol...

dinoc1.jpg

pic11.jpg

pic12.jpg

pic13.jpg

I will fit them later and get some more pics up showing the other two dash vents and my glossy red dash strips!

Hope you like!

Last edited:
Well done mate, you have done a very good job. I know how hard it is doing the centre console.

I had 3 attempts doing mine with gloss black Vinyl and in the end had to give up as it was just to hard, burnt the Vinyl first time and ripped it the next two attempts lol

Well done mate, you have done a very good job. I know how hard it is doing the centre console.

I had 3 attempts doing mine with gloss black Vinyl and in the end had to give up as it was just to hard, burnt the Vinyl first time and ripped it the next two attempts lol

Cheers.. Im pleased with the result.. The 3M vinyl is great! I would imagine the gloss vinyl to be impossible to use tbh.. The 3M stuff just stretches when heated so all the curves etc are easy enough to cover without wrinkles! I have some left over so going to see what my wing mirrors are like covered in it! The beauty of it is that it doesnt damage the surface so can be easily taken off if I dont like it. Check out some of the videos on you tube - search 3M Di-NOC Carbon Fiber Vinyl.. It really is incredible stuff!

Looks great, but how did you get on with the corners?

thanks! Corners where a little tricky.. best way to do it I found was to heat the material up with a hair dryer and just stretch it around the curves. I did get a little fustrated at times but got there in the end.. I think it took me 2hrs to do just the console.. lol.. Might be easier if I was to do it again, but for a 1st time attempt im pleased with it.

looking good mate,

when i done my recaro seat base that was a bit of a mare tbh, but like you say the more heat you give it the easier it is to use, ( my first time ), lol

look forward to the fitted pics.

Just refitted the parts! here is the finished result along with my glossy red dash strips which I painted last week!

pic15.jpg

pic14.jpg

pic16.jpg

pic17.jpg

pic18.jpg

pic19.jpg

Let me know what you think!

Cheers
Ross

Last edited:
Looks good, definately one of the first things Im doing once my 200 arrives.

Was it intentional to have the direction of the weave different in the center consol than the air vents?

Looks good, definately one of the first things Im doing once my 200 arrives.

Was it intentional to have the direction of the weave different in the center consol than the air vents?

Cheers! Damm I didnt think anyone would notice! It wasnt intentional as ideally I would of liked it all to be going the same way! However to get it going the same way as vents I would have wasted alot of the vinyl due to how it was cut when I got it! I wanted to have enough left over so that I can do the wing mirrors!

I'm thinking about doing something like this too. When I bought the car I noticed someone had used something to clean the dash that has left all marks on it. I thought it would come off but it hasn't. God knows what they used, but I keep seeing it and it annoys the hell out of me! So I was thinking of covering it with a wrap. I don't think I could do it though, got no skill with intricate things at all!

Can anyone suggest any product that might remove the marks? It looks like an abrassive cleaner has got to the paint or something.

....you need to do the display surround as well.....I will be doing mine when it finally arrives...is this real carbon film or just carbon look.....where did you get it from?

I'm thinking about doing something like this too. When I bought the car I noticed someone had used something to clean the dash that has left all marks on it. I thought it would come off but it hasn't. God knows what they used, but I keep seeing it and it annoys the hell out of me! So I was thinking of covering it with a wrap. I don't think I could do it though, got no skill with intricate things at all!

Can anyone suggest any product that might remove the marks? It looks like an abrassive cleaner has got to the paint or something.

My console was like that too.. It was covered in speckles which I could not remove.. It is either a cleaner thats done it or maybe its just another fault of the car.

It was extremely tricky to do! If you pay me for the material and 2 hours of my time i'll do it for you! lol.. Just send your console over the water!

....you need to do the display surround as well.....I will be doing mine when it finally arrives...is this real carbon film or just carbon look.....where did you get it from?

I was thinking this but wanted to see what it looked like incase it was carbon fibre overkill! lol.. Its just carbon look but it has a real weave and it pretty amazing stuff.. Look at http://solutions.3m.co.uk/wps/porta...14285847665&WT.mc_id=www.3m.co.uk/dinoccarbon and search 3M Carbon vinyl on you tube... If you really wanted you could cover the whole outside of the car in it! lol..

I got it on eBay... 60cm x 120cm sheet was £16.99. That was an offer the seller had last week but they have it now priced at £28.99 - http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/GENUINE-3M-DI...arts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item2a08224133

Last edited:
How hard would it be to wrap the radio pod on top of the dash?

...and what about the lower center consol, possible?

Im going to give the radio pod a go so will let you know and post pics.. No idea about the lower console, it wasnt something I considered doing but im sure its do-able! lol..

Does this pull off easily if you get it wrong? I'm thinking about doing the backs of the recaros but want to know if I get it wrong that it will come off and leave the factory finish again

Does this pull off easily if you get it wrong? I'm thinking about doing the backs of the recaros but want to know if I get it wrong that it will come off and leave the factory finish again

mate, check this thread out! http://www.clio197.net/forum/showthread.php?t=2348

yep it pulls off easily! you could scrumple it into a ball then just heat it with a hair dryer and it will all come undone!

Mate looks sweet spec the red. Where did you get the red paint from and colour code?

Got the paint from Auto-paint.co.uk.. The red colour code is NNF or NNC. When ordering I just put both and the car details etc and its a perfect match! I just bought a rattle can of it. Used autopaint lots of times, they are by far the best out there in my opinion!

How hard would it be to wrap the radio pod on top of the dash?

...and what about the lower center consol, possible?

Ive been trying to do the radio pod... Hense why I am still up at this hour! lol.. Anyway, it didnt go too well.. Parts of it did but as it does not come undone like I thought it would so it made it very very hard.. In the end I have decided to just leave it as I just dont have the patience.. Maybe because im tired! Going to look for one on ebay which I could separate into 2 parts then maybe try it again!