2013 Formula One Quali and Practice Pictures

Tom

Platinum Member
I went to the Formula One for the first time at the weekend. Gosh, those things are quick! I took 1200 pictures and kept less than 70. This made the BTCC feel like a walk in the park haha!

Go easy on me, this is about my 4th/5th attempt at panning and all of these were taken from the Abbey or Village stands on my Canon 600D with a 55-250mm lens.

Any criticism, comments and general feedback is welcomed as always.

Oh, and I wrote a blog on the day - I got my tickets for free through someone on Twitter which was amazing. Loads more pictures and the story on that here:

http://www.tomcash.co.uk/silverstone-f1-2013/

Anyway, enough waffle, here are my favourite pictures! Like I said, there are more on my website and even more via the Flickr link on the page above.

9177193740_0b452d1107_z.png
Daniel Ricciardo (Scuderia Toro Rosso) by Tom Cash, on Flickr

9174979475_0d287268d4_z.png
Mark Webber (Infiniti Red Bull Racing) by Tom Cash, on Flickr

9177164272_ff0d261903_z.png
Kimi Räikkönen (Lotus F1 Team) by Tom Cash, on Flickr

9174971559_44fdab3c5b_z.png
Felipe Massa (Scuderia Ferrari) by Tom Cash, on Flickr

9177156210_9e403e8c95_z.png
Lewis Hamilton (Mercedes AMG Petronas F1 Team) by Tom Cash, on Flickr

9174972725_ba7689b7df_z.png
Charles Pic (Caterham F1 Team) by Tom Cash, on Flickr

Thanks for looking!

Tom.

Some nice photos there Tom, as you said its not easy with the speed they fly past you!
Best way is take as many as you can and hope a few turn out good :smile:

Great shots and another nice Blog post Tom. I'm really impressed with how sharp those images are, I've tried to shoot F1 in the past and its insanely difficult!

Great shots and another nice Blog post Tom. I'm really impressed with how sharp those images are, I've tried to shoot F1 in the past and its insanely difficult!

Same here, funny how many half photos you get to start with until you get a feel for the speed.

Cheers fellas.

Yeah, I had a massive loss rate. I was going for all or nothing and shooting at a really low shutter speed for the most motion blur!

you could have said they were pro shots and i wouldn't know the difference

:thumbup:

the pics are simply superb mate, well done! I take it that your gear is ultra expensive!
Cheers man. Depends on what you think is expensive, but it's all entry level gear. All of it. As far as photography goes, it's all cheap-newby kit really.

This was my kit as of late 2012: http://www.tomcash.co.uk/late-2012-camera-kit-update/

you could have said they were pro shots and i wouldn't know the difference

:thumbup:
Haha cheers mate, very flattering. :smile:

Similar Thread Suggestions