200t race mode

So many people slag the edc gearbox off which to a certain extent I can agree with but only in normal mode push the rs button and in sport it gets better but in race mode it's amazing instant gear changes well it seems that way on mine I dunno if anybody else feels that way?

Yep mine is the same, then again I've never driven a Ferrari so can't compare like the people who review it have done...

I think it was Chris Harris that said in 'race mode' its as quick as any supercar. Had mine a while now and I have no faults with the gearbox, the ones that slate it need to drive a automatic lorry and then there stop moaning...

I held back as everyone said lazy gearbox. I say go test drive one or go to the man himself for true reviews, Chris Harris! Awesome review on the 200t

driven a few 200t never seemed to be like what the press say!

drivien a few Ferraris and seemed the same

Yep... nothing wrong in manual sport/race.

If I had a wish list though. At the top would probably be:

1) Make normal mode a bit sharper. Or maybe do away with it and just have a sport and race mode (with switchable stability control in Race mode).
IMPO (and that's all it is) I think 3 modes is overkill. Trying to cover too many bases.
2) Bit more mid range torque would not go amiss. Somewhat addressed in the latest cars, as they have another 20Nm of torque. Another 40/60 would be nice :thumbsup:

Other than that, I think the car is fine for what I want it to be.

Still like my car. Even though it had a bit of a wobble the other week and lost all the even numbered gears for a short trip. A known problem says the dealers (o'yes!) and re-maps the gearbox for me. No issues since then.

Though I've decided against PX'ing it for a 220t and am now going to wait till next Spring/Summer and see how the land lies. Must be a mid-life re-freshh coming at some point I would have thought, as the car will have been around some 3 years in it's current form come next Spring time. TBC..................

Gearbox shifts blazing fast in sport or race mode, only there is a slight delay when you pull the lever, only noticeable in first and second gear. But could never shift faster in my 197 then in my 200T. Gear 4 5 and 6 is a bit too long and then the car feels a bit too slow. My 197 was the first generation with the very short gearing...

Try & change down to second gear under heavy braking for a sharp corner and you'll start to feel the frustration of the reviewers, it just doesn't give you a gear. That's where the biggest improvement is felt in the 220. ( I've driven both)

Yep... nothing wrong in manual sport/race.

If I had a wish list though. At the top would probably be:

1) Make normal mode a bit sharper. Or maybe do away with it and just have a sport and race mode (with switchable stability control in Race mode).
IMPO (and that's all it is) I think 3 modes is overkill. Trying to cover too many bases.
2) Bit more mid range torque would not go amiss. Somewhat addressed in the latest cars, as they have another 20Nm of torque. Another 40/60 would be nice :thumbsup:

Other than that, I think the car is fine for what I want it to be.

Still like my car. Even though it had a bit of a wobble the other week and lost all the even numbered gears for a short trip. A known problem says the dealers (o'yes!) and re-maps the gearbox for me. No issues since then.

Though I've decided against PX'ing it for a 220t and am now going to wait till next Spring/Summer and see how the land lies. Must be a mid-life re-freshh coming at some point I would have thought, as the car will have been around some 3 years in it's current form come next Spring time. TBC..................

I'll let you know if I can feel the extra 20nm in my next one which I get in December

i know this is slightly off topic but anyone know where i can get one of these gearboxes and engines through Renault?

Similar Thread Suggestions