200t potential

So I have been running a superchips unit on my clio t for a good few months now, initially issues which now seem sorted. Anyway I cannot get my head around the performance gains over the standard 200t which is by no means slow. The handling is unaffected just takes a different approach at times. Reviewing YouTube a 200t chipped to 218 achieved 0-100 in 13.8 which is very impressive. Can well believe a previous post of superchips 12 secs 0-100. Anyway the point of my post is has anyone took the plunge and what were your results?

err no seen too many reports of those with it fitted going into limp mode. So what power/torque gains have you seen been quoted?

err no seen too many reports of those with it fitted going into limp mode. So what power/torque gains have you seen been quoted?
Telboy's with superchips 244bhp and 320nm, the one on you tube only quoted 0-100 and bhp.

Reading numerous threads on here standard cars are going into limp mode (check hill start) and there was talk that the recent time delay in new orders is down to Renault looking into it.

Mine is now working perfect with no issues touch wood, I did have the coil pack replaced after a failure, which is again someone with a standard set up had an issue with so cannot be sure the unit caused it.

If you wanted to see first hand would be happy to take you for a spin seen as though you are a fellow ne

May take you up on that at some point - my main worry is I use the car for lots of motorway journeys and really don't want to be in limp mode miles from home. So I'm one of them that tends to wait a while so that any hiccups are ironed out before I take the plunge.

May take you up on that at some point - my main worry is I use the car for lots of motorway journeys and really don't want to be in limp mode miles from home. So I'm one of them that tends to wait a while so that any hiccups are ironed out before I take the plunge.
Fair play but hopefully I have ironed out the issues. When the issues arise the unit resets the issue via it's diagnosis facility

Hey glad you have the problems sorted. Do you know if Superchips are basing their tune on your particular file or are they still using the generic tune they initially released?

Hey glad you have the problems sorted. Do you know if Superchips are basing their current tune on your particular file or are they still using the generic tune they initially released?

Hey glad you have the problems sorted. Do you know if Superchips are basing their current tune on your particular file or are they still using the generic tune they initially released?
Not sure to be honest, I had to describe the issues and when they were accuring, from this we tried 3 different updates with the last one working a treat.

I do know they have had a development car in the look at the issue so this may have helped.

Telboy's with superchips 244bhp and 320nm, the one on you tube only quoted 0-100 and bhp.

Reading numerous threads on here standard cars are going into limp mode (check hill start) and there was talk that the recent time delay in new orders is down to Renault looking into it.

Mine is now working perfect with no issues touch wood, I did have the coil pack replaced after a failure, which is again someone with a standard set up had an issue with so cannot be sure the unit caused it.

If you wanted to see first hand would be happy to take you for a spin seen as though you are a fellow ne

Fek, that's a fair bit considering the 2.0l's are usually 185bhp, damn.

Fair play but hopefully I have ironed out the issues. When the issues arise the unit resets the issue via it's diagnosis facility
Super200 , did you get the tune via bluefin device or at local superchip dealer ? Iam based in australia and only blufin device available here so not sure if there are any different between these 2 optuon.

Super200 , did you get the tune via bluefin device or at local superchip dealer ? Iam based in australia and only blufin device available here so not sure if there are any different between these 2 optuon.
Bluefin unit and it was easy to install, benefit for me is that you can set the car to standard in 2 mins if needed.

... Reading numerous threads on here standard cars are going into limp mode (check hill start) and there was talk that the recent time delay in new orders is down to Renault looking into it.

I would be interested to hear where you've heard this. As I'm currently in discussion with RUK as to why my order for a new car has been put back another 3 months! They have denied outright that there are any issues with the car. Between RUK and the dealer, I'm starting to wonder who to believe :blush:hmy: Read another post somewhere (can't remember if it's here, or on renaultsport forum) that orders are getting held back because of gearbox issues. Totally pissed off with the whole thing to be honest. Beginning to think I should have ordered a Focus ST!!!

Bluefin unit and it was easy to install, benefit for me is that you can set the car to standard in 2 mins if needed.
Hi pal,
just wondering how long have u run on the latest map from superchip ? I contacted them and they told me blufin with latest map is running fine without any issues so just wan to know your personal though on latest map that you have on your car .
TIA

I would be interested to hear where you've heard this. As I'm currently in discussion with RUK as to why my order for a new car has been put back another 3 months! They have denied outright that there are any issues with the car. Between RUK and the dealer, I'm starting to wonder who to believe :blush:hmy: Read another post somewhere (can't remember if it's here, or on renaultsport forum) that orders are getting held back because of gearbox issues. Totally pissed off with the whole thing to be honest. Beginning to think I should have ordered a Focus ST!!!

read it on here but cannot remember the thread though. Have you not considered an ex demo and save a few quid?

Hi pal,
just wondering how long have u run on the latest map from superchip ? I contacted them and they told me blufin with latest map is running fine without any issues so just wan to know your personal though on latest map that you have on your car .
TIA
Must be 4-5 months now, bounced of the rev limited last week and was expecting the dreaded limp mode which happened with the previous maps but no issues what so ever. All seems fine, the plus is Renault did not pick up on the chip when they had it for a week trying to solve an issue which ended up being the coil pack so seems the warranty should be ok. Bit under hand I know but hey ho!!

Thanks for the reply.

Did consider an x-demo. But problem is, I live in the back of beyond in Scotlandshire... so BIG miles to get to another dealer.

TBC I suppose
shame, I travelled a good distance for mine as the saving worked out. Arnold Clark have a white lux 11k 63 plate for £15,488 in Glasgow!! Sorry to give you a dilemma but I know what I would do.

Similar Thread Suggestions

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
C200MOJO Spotted 0
Nickyandalanrs200 Clio 200T Area 2
PpAbarth Spotted 0
PpAbarth New Members 0
PpAbarth Clio 200T Area 1