200T Performance Abilities?

Hey All,

Just wondering, There was a lot of talk about how much the gearbox can take etc etc? I know i've seen a few around on the internet pushing 245 and allegedly 275 (from france) Has anyone done any performance mods to these yet if so what have you had done and is there any negative effects afterwards yet?

I know you can get a chip from SuperChips to put an extra 46BHP and 70NMT.. Has anyone done this yet?

Someone on here is the owner of the development car. If you want it doing cheap RS Tuning may do it if it's their first 200T to work on.

My car is currently on it's way to Milltek Sport next week for development on an exhaust, as well as Pipercross at the same time for an Induction kit. That's all booked up and frankly can't wait! i'm a bit hesitant on performance for the car as of yet (only had it few weeks) just wanted to know what options were out there?...

Personally I'd get on track and book tuition from the instructor. That is a far better way to spend your money imo.
You only have to sit next to them in your car to see you don't need extra power etc, just more talent.

Couldn't agree more. My 200 is more or less standard engine wise and more than enough on the road 90% of the time. Not into traffic light GP's I'm comfortable with the size of my wang (or at least the misses is!)

Best money I spent was on courses on road and track. I have so much more to learn!

Simon.

Last edited:
There are people with a 200T who are waiting and watching the reports and the more important long term feed back that comes back from the guinea pigs with money to burn (in case it goes bang) who aren't happy with the way it delivers its 197 ponies.
Personally I'm very happy with standard for now coming from a 182, but I am waiting and watching with interest :coffee: I'll be leaving the suspension alone though, well at least until it breaks, which will hopefully not be for a long time as it's very comfy.

Yep, that'll be me, I've had the Superchips bluefin on mine for a few weeks now and can confirm the following.

First the numbers, 245bhp and just under 240flbt, best 0-60mph dash so far has been 5.3 seconds with 0-100 mph (private road of course) recorded at just under 12 seconds. Both timed over several runs (slightly damp roads) on both VBOX (not my unit) and the Apple Dyno Ap (which was consistently 0.4 secs slower than the VBOX).

Mpg is around 34 on my latest trip, heavy right foot and big smile on face, albeit best I've seen on a long run with the map on is 42.1mpg.

I think this car and the gearbox could take a little more (Renault sport did adjust the Getrag unit slightly to help it achieve a higher torque threshold) although with over 200bhp/tonne it's probably plenty for a FWD car. As for the gearbox, well I do about 400 miles a week and so far, it's proving reliable, touching wood as I type!

I'm considering the KTEC filter as a further mod although the rest if the car is pretty much perfect for my needs, especially as I use it for work, this being one of the reasons why I might leave the exhaust stock.

The thing with the 200T is it really shines the more you use it and it's no slouch in stock mode anyway.

I can well believe in France these are up to 275ish as the Nismo Juke with same engine is kicking out 280bhp in some parts of the globe!

Sounds good and the fact you are actually using as a daily driver as well rather than just a weekend toy - did you go to a local super chips dealer or use the blue fin device yourself

Last edited:
Sounds good and the fact you are actually using as a daily driver as well rather than just a weekend toy - did you go to a local super chips dealer or use the blue fin device yourself

I was lucky enough for my car to be used for development by Superchips at their HO,...although I have used Bluefin before on both my VW GTI's and had no issues.

Is this figure correct? If so, it's def impressive

To be honest, I did do a quicker run than that although over several runs and then taking the average, this is where it was coming out.

Also, with just over a 200bhp/tonne power ratio, this is about right anyway for a FWD car, especially one with launch control.

I managed to achieve a 6.5 stock time and have seen 200T's with 220bhp (mapped) achieve a 6 second stock time so with 245bhp??

The only downside to this though is it makes it a little more fun in the wet :lol:

My 200T is my daily too with some work-use thrown in here and there, I'm not actually prepared to part ways with my moolar just yet was just starting the conversation to see what people have done with these at the moment. I plan to track my car a few times way before i start fiddling with said performance :d I'm only getting my exhaust and induction kit done then leaving it alone and only worrying about cosmetic things.

(Renault sport did adjust the Getrag unit slightly to help it achieve a higher torque threshold)

Hey Telboy, really impressive figures there mate......I think the Superchips remap will be my choice when I get my car. Just curious about your comment above though, has this been documented? How do you know that Renault has modified/adjusted the gearbox?

Hey Telboy, really impressive figures there mate......I think the Superchips remap will be my choice when I get my car. Just curious about your comment above though, has this been documented? How do you know that Renault has modified/adjusted the gearbox?

INOV8R, Renault Sport have neither confirmed or denied what they've done, I'm only going on what a Renault tech said to me at Goodwood, claiming that small adjustments had been made to allow a little more power, how much is anyones guess. It's also interesting to note that KTEC have been running 266flbt through their gearbox for a while now with no issues,...

I was looking at the Bluefin thing for the 200, think it says about another 12 bhp, would you actually be getting that gain and if so do you feel the difference?

I'd still look at getting it done by RST or someone to improve the way it drives ect.

I was looking at the Bluefin thing for the 200, think it says about another 12 bhp, would you actually be getting that gain and if so do you feel the difference?

I'd still look at getting it done by RST or someone to improve the way it drives ect.

On the 2.0 N/A lump, 12bhp from a remap alone is very unlikely.

Similar Thread Suggestions

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
C200MOJO Spotted 0
Nickyandalanrs200 Clio 200T Area 2
PpAbarth Spotted 0
PpAbarth New Members 0
PpAbarth Clio 200T Area 1