200t now knackered after safety recall work

Don't know what the garage did to it yesterday ... but it's now knackered. Wont idle evenly when warmed up. Almost stalls at times. From cold the engine for no real reason will suddenly shoot to 1,500/2,00 RPM! Not funny if you've just selected reverse!!! And a couple of times the accelerator does nothing at all! Like the EPC is Donald Ducked. So to say I'm furious is an understatement. Back into the garage tomorrow morning to speak to someone.

:thumb1::thumb1::thumb1::thumb1::thumb1::thumb1:

Interested to see what the garage come out with tomorrow - presumably they've done something to the ECU?

Phoned garage once I had calmed down a bit, to let them know there is an "issue". So I'm taking it round at 9:30 AM for them to have a look.

I had an issue - not as bad- with mine on Friday after the work, I noticed the orange spanner light stayed in a little longer than normal but all seemed ok- drove it a mile up the road, left it for about 10 mins then when I came to start it the dash lit up like a Christmas tree and a message came up on the screen saying something like ' major engine failure' although it was trying to turn over, so tried it again and the same happened . So I got out locked it then unlocked it and it started, I took it straight back to the garage and they stuck in the diagnostic machine and it said it had a major internal computer shutdown but didn't no why - although the little shxt that said oh its cos you got them aftermarket things of ( air filter) to which I said it worked when I came in and now it doesn't shut him up !
The car seems fine now

To the OP, it will probably be a connector which has been knocked or not plugged back in fully

Hope so.

Here's a VID of when it's hunting.

th_VID_20150505_171645257_zpsohvderzy.jpg

Though the really scary bit is when you either put your foot down and nothing happens.... or it suddenly shoots forward / backward as the engine revs at 2k RPM as soon as you touch the throttle.

Cars... you have to laugh I suppose.

Garage had a look first thing this morning and it appeared to be a breather pipe not seated properly (sucking air in and confusing the engine ECU). Ten minute fix and the technician was very apologetic. He commented that it should not have happened and accepted responsibility.

Unluckily it did it again when I came home! Waggled the relevant pipe a bit and it appeared to sort it. So maybe it might need the pipe changing at some point in the future (a micro split in the rubber pipe or something like that ???). I'll keep an eye on it.

Life.... just glad to have my car back in one piece and working fine again.

Sounds like boost pressure is blowing the pipe off? I had this problem on my old audi S6 bi-turbo, kept blowing the pipe off due to a diaphragm in the divertor.

Sounds like boost pressure is blowing the pipe off? I had this problem on my old audi S6 bi-turbo, kept blowing the pipe off due to a diaphragm in the divertor.

Thanks for that.

I'll bare this in mind if it does it again. Maybe needs a stronger clip to hold the pipe on or something. Though not done it previously (11 months old and 12.5 k miles). Only happened after the recall work was done and this pipe is one of the many parts that would have to have been removed to allow them to take the manifold off to get at the sensor.

Last edited:
Is it the fuel rail pressure sensor they are checking? I'm currently doing the same recall on Juke with the same engine and access it from underneath. Unsure if the Clio would be the same.

Is it the fuel rail pressure sensor they are checking? I'm currently doing the same recall on Juke with the same engine and access it from underneath. Unsure if the Clio would be the same.

Yes... I believe it is the same recall. And "yes" this tool can be used on the Clio. As one guy I know, had it done this way up at Park's. Certainly easier / quicker than taking half the engine bay to pieces.

Nissan used to say the inlet had to be removed, and have since revised it to be done from underneath. I'm surprised Renault haven't done the same. Might be worth anyone who has this done to ask if it's done from underneath.

Similar Thread Suggestions

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
C200MOJO Spotted 0
Nickyandalanrs200 Clio 200T Area 2
PpAbarth Spotted 0
PpAbarth New Members 0
PpAbarth Clio 200T Area 1