200 upgrades...

ok so i put this question on renaultsport forum and deciede to put it on here and see what people think.

what upgrade if any would people do to 200... i.e. engine (remap, induction, hosing, etc..) brakes and suspension, styling interior and exterior, etc...

p.s. i did start on new member forum, so changed it to here :smiley:

It all depends what you want from the car.

I personally would leave the engine standard. A performance panel filter to feel better if you really want to go there anything else is a lot of money for little gains.

The brakes are amazing but can be improved on, again it's expensive.

If you are really looking at tracking the car a lot (Which is what you say on the Renault forum) then some trick suspension would be a good option. Again, its expensive for a good set of coilovers (KW V3s are £1300 I think).

i agree with mark. a panel filter and maybe some v3's if ure track daying it.

yeah i was just interested into what people would change but like mark says all depends what ya want. I've got another trackday planned but still use it as everyday car so dont think would mess about with suspension or anythink to a great degree. All i'm looking at doin is, spoiler, filter and headlights, i no filter doesnt do much if any but like alot of ya, its one of those things, haha :smiley:

Coilovers will actually improve the day to day comfort so no worries about fiddling with the suspension.

u will end up like me if u get the bug mate honest. u get very little power gains but its so much fun

They way I went about it was keep it standard till you've found the limit of the standard part.

It was the brakes first for me but it took a good 6-8 track days/sessions to get confident enough to get the best out of them.

Saying that if your planning on doing trackdays frequently a second set of wheels and track tyres will save you money in the long run. Changing four Conti 3's every two to three trackdays is very expensive. I managed 4300 miles from my first set of R888's driving to and from the track and doing the track day only and it helped them last 11 months.

woody i probably will end up like u, changing loads but not for a good year or so.

mark thats pretty good goin with the R888 if your drivin there and back with them, as well as the trackday. Its somethink that i will look into if more trackdays are booked, which is likely as there really good fun. :smile:

i'm probably thinkin of getting CUP spoiler now :smile: but i change my mind everyday unless i just buy it. haha

Imo if your doing lots of track days the suspension needs upgrading. Cup suspension my feel hard on the road but on the track it could go a lot harder.

Kw V3 will be going on mine at some point.

Also better tyres would be a great upgrade imo the conti 3's are poor.

Imo if your doing lots of track days the suspension needs upgrading. Cup suspension my feel hard on the road but on the track it could go a lot harder.

Kw V3 will be going on mine at some point.

Also better tyres would be a great upgrade imo the conti 3's are poor.

Think al be the same at some point down the line (Or the AST kit that Mark is having fitted).

i will probably think about gettin more stuff done, like brakes and maybe suspension but atm its stay like it is. apart from lights, spoiler and filter, hahaha

lmao ideas are best when they turn reality. car modding is expensive though lol . . .proper modding that is not chav stick on body kits that scrotes put on 1.2's