200 at Renault again...

Just had a call about my car being fixed by Renault.

Took it in this morning, highlighted all faults with the master technician, who to be fair sounded asif he knew his stuff, agreed on all the issues i had and off i went.

The phone call this afternoon consisted of them saying its all done.

•The window rubber has been replaced - OK
•The gearbox oil has been changed and clutch bled - OK
•The lumpy idle has been sorted by cleaning the throttle body out - OK
•Overheating due to a loose fuse - OK

•The aircon whirring is due to it being totally out of gas. They couldnt find a leak and want £55+VAT to recharge it. Surely it shouldnt ever lose gas!?

•The knock he agreed he heard and felt they havent found. All bolts tight, ball joints fine etc and they took it out and couldnt hear it. So he agreed there was a problem and now he cant hear it your saying its gone?! Looks like ill be having words in the monrning.

No way am i fitting the V3's untill the knock is sorted, i dont wanna be footing a bill for a rack etc just because ive fitted them. I need it 100%

Is the knock maybe the lower link arm? Litchy put up a thread about a knocking he had and sorted it, have a look buddy.

Lmao cheers for your input Arron, as constructive as everrrr

:smile: you know me . . . . tbh the air con makes me laugh as if they are admitting they can find a leak and can see its not working then i dont know how they can expect you to pay as if it had a leak thats warranty and if it has no gass and no leak its warranty ! . . . good luck sorting it out !:thumbdown:

Mine goes in on the 10th for pretty much both side of the car being repainted after a body shop attempted to carry out a few smart repairs.

I also have the same issue with the whirring aircon. My car has spent about 4 weeks at the dealership in the last year, not good enough really and even more so for the fact things only get worse every time i drop it down. Here is a picture of one of the amazing "not so smart" smart repairs:

DSC_0147.jpg

most of the rear quarter now needs re-spraying as a result.

I love the car and it puts a massive smile on my face but i think this will be my last, sad to say.

The knock will more than likely be the anti-rotation link on the front suspension. Renault couldn't find the fault on mine after two trips in. I took matters into my own hands and replaced it. It knocks no more!

The same one Litchy found the solution for? Ive got some KW V3s to go on but really dont want to risk fitting them and renault to refuse to replace a part that was an issue before fitting them