2 New Tyres Needed...Opinions Please

I've got two Conti's 215/45/17 (Front) that need replacing, and two Goodyear Eagle F1's 225/45/17 on the (Rear) atm.

Not found any real difference with wider tyres on the rear, as i've only had them on for a couple of months. But thinking of having 225's allround to keep it the all the same.

Got three choices...

After many recommendations here do I go for Hankook RS2's or Evo 12's (Whats the difference between them?)

or

Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetric's
http://www.camskill.co.uk/products.php?plid=m54b772s16p48531&rs=gb

or

Make it a full set of Goodyear Eagle F1's
http://www.rotationuk.com/gbu0-prodshow/goodyear_eagle_f1_gsd3_225_45_17_91_y.html

Also do if I do buy Hankooks or the Asymmetrics, do I put them on the front or put the F1's that are currently on the rear (6mm left)?

Hope you can help me out.....Thanks Troopy

I don't usually mix either, some people say it can effect the handling with two different sets but not had any problems with the goodyear's on the rear.

I remember you saying they were good Adrian, if so put them on the front or rear?

If you want good front end grip in the wet especially then that is the way to go. I have some nearly new for sale at the moment. Around 6mm tread left only done about 1200 miles (225/45/17) ......

If you wern't in mansfield i'd probably have them off you. I could really do with getting them tomorrow. I just had a scare today, my conti's are nearly bald, and the front end aquaplaned and luckily the goodyears grabbed hold of some grip on the rear end just as I was about to slide off onto a lovely plowed field lol. Definitely need some front end grip and never liked the conti's when pushing hard, might heed your advice though and go hunting for some tomorrow.

Still...whats the difference between the two Hankook tyres, is one more performance than comfort? Hope someone knows...

SR2's are pushed as a track day tyre so offer more grip in the dry but wear faster and offer slightly less grip in the wet

V12's are a good all rounder and punch well above there price band for tyres, they were once looked on as a budget tyre but people soon realised they are very good!

ive just put V12's on my meggy so will see how they compared to toyos and conti 3's

ive got mixed on my zs, got contisport contact on the rear and ive got vredestien sportrac (2 or 3, cant remember) on the front and i love them!

makes the car less understeery when giving it some, turns in far far better. fantastic grip in the wet too, hardly ever aquaplains!

Cool, thanks for the help guys, decisions decisions :smile:

Need to make some calls today and search around for the best prices!!

ive just thought as a cheap option put uniroyal rs2's on my leon, they in actual fact seem excellant. better than the p-zeros that were on it.

i think when pushing hard in wet its hard to find the right tyre. grippy ones are way too noisy and quiet ones offer less grip. not really booted it on the michelins yet so we will see

Similar Thread Suggestions