197 RS tuner help

How do

Just bought one after being impressed with the 98 map on the 172 a few years ago.

Need to get a licence sorted I get that bit.

I want to map the 197, so when I click on Clio 3 and it shows a map for 197/200

Are these the same or is there different maps for 197/200? I'd presume different? The chap I bought the RST from had a 200 and sent me his cal file, but I'd have thought it would be wrong? (not arsed if I need to buy a new file)

This is a grab off the screen when connected to the car (excuse the crap pic)

WP_000543.jpg

Or just I just email henk with that info saying i want a new map lol?! I cant for the life of me remember what to do :/

Cheers

best email him, as you will also need the updated software file for the ECU, you need B600, henk just emailed it to me, but if you want it let me know and i will send you it.

As for the map, i'm pretty sure if you look on the website it just lists it for the 197/200,

xRxx_197-200_STG1 - Clio 3 110-197-200 Performance

Assuming it's JoshE's old unit, the file that it has installed is 'RST_EL_Clio RS 200 B600_A501_Stage 1_RON98_0911_2168.cal' which i'm not sure will work on a 197 but I don't know for certain. I emailed Henk about it but he never replied.

If you got the rstuner from someone else who used it on his car then you need to buy a new license for unlocking the VCI interface ( rstuner) only then you can upload the .cal file or do the upgrade to B600 version. Be advised that you can't use .cal files from another car or upgrade to B600 with .rst file from another car. Using the wrong cal will disable the ecu and then you need to upload the backup rst file ( is strongly advised to backup the ecu before any attempts to write to it) and using wrong rst file will generally work but it will have poor performance from the car.

You can check if VCI is unlocked by trying to back up your ecu and calibration. If it works you need to buy only the cal file.

Best you email Henk.

Cheers fellas

Yeah I'm aware that I need a new licence as I've had a RST before around 3 years ago for a 172 Cup.

I'll get on it this weekend, i'm pretty sure I'll need a new cal file though

Similar Thread Suggestions