197 rb progress thread

Looking for a bit of guidance if anyone can help.
Got a rattle near the o/s exhaust
Mechanic ran out of time tonight but can heat and bend the hanger as he feels it’s too close. This is the new scorpion system I’ve bought.
I’ve included a pic and as you can see the o/s tail pipe is much higher than the other side. Any suggestions?
E75EAD91-6D5C-4121-9B62-86CCF0C92E5E.jpeg

could be a hanger as well as a bad allignment of the exhaust..could be knocking against the diffuser..heatshield??gotta take it off and see..

Time to start this thread again. The big plans I had never really happened at all. Since November 2019 the car has done a grand total of 421 miles. Last month or two I’ve started putting some effort back into the car. I’m going to keep this updated and see where it goes.
Since the start of the year the car has had:
Service
Front springs
Discs and pads all round
Rear callipers
Front tyres
Track road end
Basically the car had sat for a long time and suffered from it.
This week I painted the rear diffuser

0DAAAABC-3D5A-460C-8FBC-7695C25657BD.jpeg
Honestly the difference this makes is insane. From the discoloured grey to the satin black. What a difference.
Friday the wheels get refurbed. Powder coated satin black also.
its good to be back on the forum

That diffuser looks really nice now mate. I've been toying with returning back to a 197 one on mine & that doesn't help things! [emoji23]

Sent from my AC2003 using Tapatalk

That diffuser looks really nice now mate. I've been toying with returning back to a 197 one on mine & that doesn't help things! [emoji23]

Sent from my AC2003 using Tapatalk
Got a smoothed gloss black one if interested :wink:

Looks great Kyle :thumb:

421 miles since 2019 !!!!
And I thought I was easy on the miles on my LY200 :grinning:

We've had the mrs's LY200 for 3.5yrs now and I still keep looking for a nice RB200 or even a AG200 (just for me the AG200) :wink:

Thank you! As good as it is keeping the miles low the car deserves a much more regular drive. At least the recaro bolsters are still intact though:thumb:

Looks great Kyle :thumb:

We've had the mrs's LY200 for 3.5yrs now and I still keep looking for a nice RB200 or even a AG200 (just for me the AG200) :wink:
Oh no I don’t know how to tag you in the comment above haha

Reactions: JMR
Oh no I don’t know how to tag you in the comment above haha

Yeah it worked mate 2nd time round :thumb:

If you want to properly tag/mention people just put @ before their username - when you start typing it will give you a list of who starts with K-Y etc @Kyle57

3837B716-F420-49E8-8C9F-55006F64118D.jpegCollected the car today from swr Stirling. Really happy with the customer service from these guys. Really pleased.
C21ABACF-A17F-4405-8888-EEAC97079053.jpeg
Car had a few bits done this week
Timing belt and all the usual with it.
Exhaust re aligned. Most excited about this as it never really sat right and it done my head in.
668A6C16-68EF-487C-8F9C-48504492420B.jpeg
Ktec induction kit. This is super noisy I did not realise just how crazy it is. May go back to standard, time will tell
Gearbox oil change
Also the temperature gauge and fuel gauge needles had stopped working. I had an auto electrician try figure it out but was advised to just get new clocks. This turned into a bit of a ball ache as some said get lower miles clocks and Clip can add on but never take off miles bla bla bla. This wasn’t the case. I needed up getting low Milage 200 clocks a while back and never done anything with them. Anyway swr fitted them and got the Milage corrected. Didn’t really want non original clocks but some bad advice led to this, anyway here we are and there in and working. Swr sorted it all out
43EA71F4-84E4-43D6-B674-6AA690BB4571.jpeg

Unfortunately the car has come back with a rather large list of advisory’s. Mainly suspension related a mix of bad maintance and corrosion. I had planned to get coilovers fitted but after speaking with the guys they have put me off the idea of coilovers. They’re not a fan of cheap coilovers for the Clio and seeing as I’m not gonna do track days to warrant expensive coilovers we have decided on a rather large suspension freshen up. I’m not sure if this is the right decision but time will tell. On another note. Brake lines. Hel seem to be the go to for most people but swr are recommending Goodridge on the fact that hel have changed there design and they do not fit great in the Clio anymore. In fact the last few cars they have done the brake lines have been sent back to hel to be corrected. Anyone got any input on this? I’m happy to take the advice and order up some Goodridge, just wondering that’s all.

Reactions: burrellbloke