197 PRE-CAT "Y" piece removal....

long time no speak guys!!

to remove the 197 exhasut manifold and replace it the book time is 6 hours.

Has anyone done it and is there any short cuts?

How long it take ya?

I no it holds quite abit of power up the pre-cat!

speaking of flat spots, ive fitted the decat pipe with the ktec janspeed system to my 200 and ive got an annoying flat spot at roughly 2500rpm!! will a remap sort it?

If the pre cat is good enough for a cup racer then its good enough for me .

No need to remove it !!!! work + money = No gain

Ive still got the precat in and theres still a slight flat spot at 2500 but its only done it a few times carnt say i notice it now:thumbup:

A while ago RS tuning wanted a doner car (was gonna use mine but I sold it) they were gonna remove both cats, and they were 100% sure they can map out the flat spot with some half decent gains

think its up to them so long as they run a cat i know for a fact some keep pre cat

i still have the pre cat on mine aswel ive only removed the cat but the flat spot is still quite bad ANNOYING.COM!! sounds sick tho!

I wouldn't say it offered any more power in quite that simple terms, in fact before I saw an advantage I had to run a standalone ecu as the oem wasn't happy enough.

It sounds well though!

i've got a 197 f1.. was thinking bout taking cat off with standard exhaust as it will sound raspy, but how bad is the flat spot?

for example if i wasnt racing another driving going no where near over the speedlimit :wink: :wink: will it slow me down much?

for example if i wasnt racing another driving going no where near over the speedlimit :wink: :wink: will it slow me down much?

just think of it as turbo lag tbh, unless ur in the right gear u ain't go nowhere! But If ur racing it's a different story as u won't be anywhere near the 2500 flat spot.. But on day to day driving it's really annoying and it's doing no gd for ur gearbox either!!

Don't worry too much about the flatspot from removing the bigger cat, I've got an akrapovic evo (decat) and no flatspot at all. I did have a remap before fitting the exhaust which removed the flat spot 197s come with from the factory.

can teh pre-cat removal flat spot be mapped out yet? i have removed the main cat but removing the pre-cat soon and camming it.

just booked mine in this morning at RS Tuning to for the flat spot to be mapped out on the 21st so i'll report back then