197 main beam adjustment (Xenons)

jont-

Gold Member
Does anyone know if there's a way to adjust the main beam angle? (I have Xenon's + cornering lights) - the NS main beam is pointing lower than is really useful. Dipped is fine, and the beams pop up as you go to main so I've got a reasonable amount of light, but it would be good to tweak the mains up a bit. Passed it's MOT this week, so overall the dipped must be aiming in about the right place.

thanks,

Jon

I have this problem recently, the xenon's aren't lighting up the whole road. only the floor infront the 'guide me home' light setup isnt working properly. i wondered if this could be a electical problem or something inside the headlight setup.

The auto level works of the front anti roll bar. It is possible to unclamp it and turn it a touch. But there is next to no access.

It's not the autolevel on the Xenon's - they're fine. It's whether the main beam is independently adjustable - at the moment it's throwing the light a bit short of where I'd expect (and shorter than the offside).

Had a quick look over lunch as I'm WFH today. The main beam doesn't appear adjustable independent of the xenon - the reflector is a single piece unit. There's a white 6mm hex grub screw that's visible through the top of the slam panel - this appears to adjust both main and dipped up and down (independent of the self-level mechanism) - ie it moves the whole reflector. Have tweaked it up a bit - at least to match the o/s beam. Hopefully not so much as to dazzle.