197 - Ipod/ Stalk Adapters / Steering wheel controls

Basically in a nut shell.

I'd like to put my Pioneer H/U (with Ipod control etc) from my previous car in my 197 Cup as using CD's is absolutely doing my head in. I have the standard basic CD H/U from Renault with steering wheel controls, and obviously I'd want to keep them working.

Is there anyone on here that as an after-market H/U in their 197 with the steering wheel controls still working etc?

I know I need a harness adapter from Pioneer wiring to Renault Multi-plug socket. But no point doing any further investigation if it's a non starter.

Thanks.

Last edited:
my pioneer went straight in no wiring adapter needed but don't have a adapter for steering controls thou.

I have wired up my steering controls to my pioneer head unit but they don't work. As I recall, there are two types of adaptors. Just make sure you get the right one. I can't be bothered fixing mine now...

i've got a pioneer unit with the adapter for steering controls, its the Connects 2 CTSRN005 you need. about £35 if i rem.

you also need the patch lead, i got it all from dynamic sounds over ebay and they send it free with the adapter.

the head up display no longer works, you can't get a lead for that.