197 gotten lazy, air intake?

I had 8000 miles with the 197 and even though the engine opened up good I get this feeling that it doesn't like to work hard and reluctant to rev high. I rarely get it above 6500 and I used to hit shift light every ride. The engine tone itself has noticeably changed as well and it is much more quiet now then it was before.

My uneducated guess is that the original air intake filter probably got too dirty. Could this be the reason? For a relatively dusty environment, how often should I replace the OEM filter? Also, is the OEM filter bad enough to justify getting an aftermarket one?

I had 8000 miles with the 197 and even though the engine opened up good I get this feeling that it doesn't like to work hard and reluctant to rev high. I rarely get it above 6500 and I used to hit shift light every ride. The engine tone itself has noticeably changed as well and it is much more quiet now then it was before.

My uneducated guess is that the original air intake filter probably got too dirty. Could this be the reason? For a relatively dusty environment, how often should I replace the OEM filter? Also, is the OEM filter bad enough to justify getting an aftermarket one?

i changed my filter after 1000 miles and ive just reached 9400 and its awesome the standard one is pants tbh lil paper filter not very good imo so i would justify spending the money on an aftermarket one buddy

...definately....I'm currently using an ITG filter....it's very subtle but the response and engine note are better....fuel consumtprion is slightly better also.............

Will look into the ITG replacement. I assume we're talking their "ProFilter" product. Anyone knows a dealer that can ship it internationally ?

ITG panel filter installed! No difference in sound, no major difference in output (I think it added a bit but I don't want to bullshit without a proper dyno test), definitely improved fuel economy.