197 gone quiet?!

Hi,

Has anyone had there 197 go quiet on them?

I have a 197 with a panel filter and it had a nice roar that were all familiar with,the usual induction roar at low revs but today I dropped it off at the garage to have the discs and pads done, nothing else just that not a check over or pre mot just the brakes and so I picked it up this evening and when I drove it home it sounded really quiet quieter than a 1.2 Clio I have previously owned,I mean no burble from the exhaust and no induction noise at all..Drove for 30 miles convinced that they had done a cheeky swap with the panel filter or taken it to ther own devices to sort the raspy exhaust,got home checked both out and still there my green filter and worn exhaust but I can't get my head round why it's gone so quiet,...has anyone had this happen? Random but bizarre..

Cheers

Haha... Perhaps you should ask her about the car, maybe its just you...

Take it for a proper spirited drive perhaps and get it singing?

So did as advised and gave it a hooning but no improvement..just when I thought it was me,my neighbour messaged me asking if I'd taken the air filter off it as he's not heard it in the morning when I go to work..what has happened lol I'll get a video over the weekend

Been a while since I had a standard airbox and exhaust, but my recollections are nothing short of sounding like a hair dryer anyway. Perhaps the 'lid' part to your airbox wasn't fitted correctly before and they noticed it and clipped it in properly. With the lid removed they do sound immeasurably louder/better.

i cant imagine a panel filter making that much noise without a problem. i have a ITG one, and couldn't tell to be honest.

Been a while since I had a standard airbox and exhaust, but my recollections are nothing short of sounding like a hair dryer anyway. Perhaps the 'lid' part to your airbox wasn't fitted correctly before and they noticed it and clipped it in properly. With the lid removed they do sound immeasurably louder/better.

I'd bet it was this.

To be honest I was impressed with the panel filter, improved it a lot I'd be interested to hear what an itg sounds like.I was in a rush this morning when I posted but I'll check the clips..sounds promising.Driving it today it felt flat/down on power on the motorway particularly so I've got it booked in the local garage Saturday morning

Did you replace the filter originally ? The airbox lid is pretty secure once clipped in , I would think that it's likely to be that being unsecure as there isn't much induction noise as standard (however that doesn't explain it fully as the garage didn't touch it). A panel filter change wouldn't make a noticeable difference to induction noise either.