197: 197 FF or R27

Thinking of swapping/selling my 182 Trophy and looking to get either of the above, is there much difference in the spec on theses cars?

believe it or not but the 197 cup is more exclusive than the R27,get a cup with recaro's and speedlines and your onto a winner in my eyes

That still baffles me now! I couldn't live without the luxuries though hence the R27.

Best of both worlds for me :smile:

believe it or not but the 197 cup is more exclusive than the R27,get a cup with recaro's and speedlines and your onto a winner in my eyes

But that's only because people didn't buy them in the first place, not because it was a limited run or anything!

I would get an R27, because:

Rarer, which is better and should help them keep their value a bit better.
Cool stickers (in my eyes at least)
you can get it in LY, which is never a bad thing.
All important options like recaros come standard.
You get a plaque, which always means bragging rights.
It's called an R27...

It's called an R27...

I'd go for the R27 for the same reason but they are not rarer. They sold more of these "limited editions" than they did of the non limited editions

It's called an R27...

R27 is not the rare. The rare is clio 197 lux!!

the end.

Have a look on howmanyleft.com or .co.uk and it tells you that more R27's were sold than FF thus making the FF a 'rarer' model.

I don't think you mean FF do you? Full Fat just refers to the std 197. According to howmanyleft at it's peak there were 2,487 std 197's (You can't tell from that how many had the cup pack fitted). 385 Clio 197 cups, 465 R27's and 30 LUX models.

What people are forgetting is that yes, CUP's are rarer, but that is because they were less popular in the first place and not because they were a 'limited edition' etc. This does not make them more desireable