197 F1 Sport

I've just brought the above car a few weeks back. Is it normal for these to run poor when cold and lack power in till you hit 4thou revs

Yeah, just how these cars are!

The flatspot under 4K revs can be mapped out with a decent remap.

Also flat spot may be exacerbated by a loose MAP sensor, tying it down with a cable tie may help.

Check out this post.

Welcome to the family :french:

Reactions: ///M
My car has a Superchips BluFin map and I've had no idling, kangarooing or flat spot issues. If the exhaust has been changed you'd be better going for a custom map.

I have a F1. It's not mapped as far as I'm aware but I have a small flat spot about 2500 then it's good. No kangaroo action.

Reactions: ///M
I've just brought the above car a few weeks back. Is it normal for these to run poor when cold and lack power in till you hit 4thou revs

Welcome to the forum!

Perfectly normal to run sluggish on a cold start, especially this time of year! Not as noticeable during the summer months, but it does take a little time to warm up especially if you want to push it hard! Last winter was my first of ownership and I had the paranoia something was wrong but learned to accept it's just copes poorly with cold starts / cold weather!