197 F1 in Liquid Yellow & 140k miles on the clock

Hi there

ive have just taken ownership of my friends 197 F1 after he has owned it for the last 6 years or so. He has put around 120k miles on her, it's currently on 140k and going strong.

Its fully loaded with options. I'll list them all when I take a better look at her. Currently working on the rear calipers as they have seized and the bleed nipples have sheared. (Surprise suprise).

Looking forward to to meeting a few of you and hearing some good comments

I'll get some pictures up soon as well. Got a few nice things planned, however maintenance and cosmetic touch up is first. Make sure she runs for another 100k :smile:

Thanks for the replies everyone.

So I have had the rear calipers off for a check and the nipples were completely siezed. Tried a reverse thread stud extractor still no joy. So new pair going on Monday with some yellow stuff pads.

New steering wheel ordered with a yellow top marker as the old one was worn through.

The gear knob was looking worse for wear so ordered a nice Richbrook ball in silver (without any gear markings). Great fit, defo recommend.

Looking for for some suggestions for recaro retrimers. Mine are badly gone on driver side.

Needs to be in North East London / Essex area if possible. Anyone got any suggestions??? Gone on the bolsters both top and bottom.

Not the best picture I know. Put more up soon.

5f8c0098e108026b9c1bb9460fb014f8.jpg

Any info would be great.

Matt

Last edited:
Which steering wheel have you gone for ?

I believe it's the yellow topped one from a 200.
However when the existing one is off I'll send it to get re trimmed in Alcantara and perforated leather with yellow stripe. As my girlfriend has a Wind, which I hope I can fit it onto. Heard royal steering wheels are good.

Not the best view of the Wind, but it's all I have to hand. Cracking little car.

3dcb0858d83904b793434f68132c4c76.jpg

Last edited:
I know he's not new, but he's a new trader as in recently upgraded to trader status [MENTION=2996]nutnutwelshman[/MENTION] :smile:

I know I've seen his profile!

Just advertising him as he's recently upgraded to trader status! :001_rolleyes:

Is great, using it a lot!

Had a little blast today with the [MENTION=3233]pacman.[/MENTION] shame of the old sods blocking up all the good roads! Race mode is very fun though.

There's a company around Battlesbridge. I'll dig their name out later. They did my steering wheel and retrimmed my bolsters