197 Cups more exclusive than R27s

Unfortunately colour doesn't come into it, I'm talking about a specific model range in numbers, the lowest produced/registered number in the UK.

The correct answer has been given among many incorrect lol

yes, that's what I meant. But I was wrong. the LY ones were indeed "F1 Team R26" (so Meg 230) and not "Renault F1 Team" (Meg 225).

I remember the F1 R26 had a LSD as well, which my mothers 225 F1 does not have.

That white R27 is for sale (still) surprisingly, wasn't it made for that guy whos brother had cancer or something along those lines? It looks amazing to be fair and i'm not even a fan of white cars.

It's sold now. It had a deposit put on it yesterday.

I'll be sad to see it go!

confident the spider is the rarest. 1800 made worldwide, including those never registered and used for racing only. Also the first vehicle to carry the Renaultsport name/badge

I'd say spider too. but now i want to say MEGANE RENAULTSPORT MONACO GP

Cant say as i'd heard of that before.:wink:

Last edited:
Nope majority are incorrect. I didnt think anyone would guess the rarest RenaultSport out there :tongueout:

The RenaultSport spider registration records peak at 1998 when 56 models were regisitered on UK roads. That now stands at 26 on the road and 46 SORN as of early 2012.

As for the RenaultSport 197 Lux... Registration peaked at 30 in 2010 and remains at 30 with 0 SORN as of early 2012.

So there you have it boys and girls, rush out and buy one if you can find any, they could be worth something one day. Are there even any Lux owners on the forum!?

Although it must be said unless Renault sell 8 more 200 Raiders ( still avaliable? ) they'll take the title, currently only 23 are registered!

Last edited:
Not commercially avaliable then, specially built for specific customers therefore you coulny buy one. Does anybody have a picture of one?

I was under the impression that the Monaco was a limited run of just 12 cars.

Renault_Megane_RS_250_Monaco_Grand_Prix_Edition_01.jpg

Renault-Megane-Monaco-GP-2126107353.jpg

Renault-Monaco-5.jpg

35726_221772.jpg

35726_221765.jpg

2011_renault_megane_rs_250_monaco_gp_limited_edition_04-4e5ae608708ea.jpg

Last edited:
I might see if Renault have any jobs available in the 'Special Edition Model Creation' department. Unlikely that anyone ever leaves though as it's the easiest ****ing job of all time!

I think Renaultsport could learn a trick or two from Lotus.

When they create a special edition it usually has some tweeks to the engine on top of the usual paintjob, interior trim, wheels and plaque.

They also do factory approved upgrades like suspension, brakes, engine mods and superchargers. If Renault did this they would few onto a winner....

Having said that Monstersport (renaultsport technical partner for the R2 rally) approached me to see if we could drum up any interest in a supercharger kit and no one was bothered.. Lol