197 cup v 200 cup: Spec

Anyone care to share what the actual differences are, cosmetic and performance?? :confused1:

Other than the front end and diffuser obviously. :-p

Nice one.

200's have updated front end gubbins to reduce torque steer from recollection.

Correct me if wrong :smile:

Cup chassis is much stiffer where as the standard is softer, wider gap ride firmness in other words.

They look better, does that count? (i hated the look at first but it grew on me)

200's have updated front end gubbins to reduce torque steer from recollection.

Correct me if wrong :smile:

Cup chassis is much stiffer where as the standard is softer, wider gap ride firmness in other words.

They look better, does that count? (i hated the look at first but it grew on me)

It's just different shocks and springs when what I heard on the RS forum, the hub and everything else are the same

well u betta race me quick cus its officially SORN for 3 months while it has a diff and a SC put in lol but shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh its a secret

yeah no probs work starts next week ive gotta drive round in a toyota carolla for 3 months now while my cars in bits. Ive bought a twin scroll charger to give it a bit more beef might get them to finish off my valves n seats while its in bits too.

gunna be awesome when finished.

I see a new 200 gordini today in the flesh, the front is awful, I so prefer mine looks more aggressive, the wheels are awful, the gloss front dash just don't go, I hate it, the only thing I would have is the diffuser thats it,
A red 200 drove past me the other day and honestly from the front I thought it was a normal Clio until it drove past, it should have more presence and be known like a 197 fro t

ure right but a clio GT had me fooled the other day from a distance.

The 200 FF gets more kit as standard, Projector Headlights, Climate Control and better stereo system. These were options on the 197. I think there are more, not sure about bluetooth and ipod connection?

BTW, I think the 200 diffuser isn't as purposefull as the 197 diffuser, it looks a little too plasticy for my liking. Anyone else?

The 200 has a revised 2.0 litre engine with a new cylinder head and tweaked mapping, which sees power rise by 3hp to the magic 200hp at 7,100rpm, although the more significant effect is a 20 percent rise in torque in the lower half of the rev range. The gear ratios have also been widened, with lower ratios for 1st, 2nd and 3rd giving better low-speed punch, while 6th has been lengthened for quieter motorway cruising.