197 bumpers

Hi this is my first post on this site just been reading other posts,i dont have a 197 but have a mk3 1.6 i use this site as for the clio mk3 it is the best one i have found. Anyway to the point i would like to create a replica 197 i know the performance will not be matched but i love the flared arches and wider bumpers i just wondered how many panels would be an exact fit, thanks for reading id appreciate any help.

Welcome to the site mike.
The front bumper and wings would be a straight fit but not sure on side skirts or rear bumper(mainiy where it meets rear wings).
There are a few replicas around using none 197 rear wings, so it must be possible.
The wheels wouldn't fit though as the 197 has 5 bolts and yours has 4.
Good luck with the build though.

hi mike, out of interest, wouldnt it be cheaper for u to sell your 1.6 and buy a 197, rather than getting all the bits to make it look like a replica, paint it etc?

good on you for wanting to give it a go mate,

but if your gunna do it then makes sure its done correct with all the right parts other wise they look s**t.

like he ^^^^ said the L/Y one is best the replica i have seen.

Hi thanks for the quick replies guys didnt know how well it would go down building a replica. I would love to own a 197 and was going to buy one until i looked into insuring one im only just 20 with 3 points and no no claims so its probably cheaper to build a replica.

also i have seen the L/Y clio on ebay it is very nice but how did he get the 5 stud wheels are the 1.2 turbo 5 stud??

TBH the LY rep is going to be your best course of action IMO I know it would be great fun to do the work yourself but that rep looks really good! Not too certain how he changed to 5-stud pattern - I dont think the TCE is 5-stud just the 197. Im pretty sure that is possible to get 4-5 stud conversion kits so it might be that. The other option would have been changing the hubs, which would have been expensive!

To be honest I think we are more into cars than to say anything about making a rep! We can all appreciate that its not a cheap thing to run. Especially if you are young! Just promise us you will get a proper one when you can do lol :thumbup:

Once you've declared all the mod's Brembo's, new exhaust system, 17" wheels, new interior, body kit your insurance would probably as high as a 197.

I would find out the cost for insuring a 197 for a year, save up that cash over a year. See how well you managed it and if you coped with no hassle buy a 197 and with the money you saved as a trial run pay your insurance off for the year.

Then...enjoy the car, plus you'll have another years depreciation so they'll be cheaper again.

Similar Thread Suggestions

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
R Clio 197 Area 1
chris_blue Car Parts For Sale 0
R New Members 4
C Clios For Sale 2
O New Members 3