197 Albi due at the end of the week!

Hi everybody, ive been looking around the site for a few days and you seem like a friendly bunch! like the title says hopefully ill have my car by the end of the week! i currently have the basic clio which I have owned since i was 18, it was only ever going to be a stepping stone untill i could afford to drive bigger and better things! enter the 197, its a 57 registered car with 16k on the clock with a FRSH. i havent seen the car yet but ive been assured it is in really good nick, so the deposits down and fingers crossed ill be looning around in my 197 by the weekend If not i will still be on the lookout!

Another NW member, welcome :smile: add yourself to the members list in the NW section if your interested in attending meets.

Cheers guys, and no, I can't wait! I've wanted one for a good few years and now funds allow! Just hoping the one I'm going to look at isn't a knacker!

Garage, I'm trading my expression in against it hopefully, like I said they say it's in good
Condition. I'm just very picky!

Im going to look at the car at 5pm today and have a test drive, cant wait! a bit sooner than i expected as they originally said Thursday but im not complaining. although i am a bit worried as to why they want me to look at it in the dark :confused1: so im going to see how it drives if thats okay ill be there bright and early tommorow morning to inspect the bodywork, if thats not okay its :eek: and back to the drawing board! also, is there anything i should be keeping an eye out for faults wise? i will be taking a close friend who is a mechanic with me but obviously you guys all have/had one of these cars, thanks in advance!:thumbup1:

:welcome:

Main things to check are a smooth gear change, no clunks from suspension etc, wear on the seat bolsters, 'roughness' on steering wheel. Im sure others will be able to give some additional pointers too.

Aside from everything else make sure you like the feel of it and it will be fine! :smile: