197 abuse on video

Like it.....thats how you should drive a 197! :smiley:

What are the rules and regulations on the events?

What do you need to do to your car to make it comply? Notice no cage or anything like that. Quite similar but on a larger scale than autotests that we do in UK. Your event are almost like a small single venue rally.....like it!

Hughsie,

the rules are that any standard car that passed a yearly test like MOT can participate, of course some things are being checked by the stewards before a car is allowed to take part, like the tyres, if they are below the TWI marker than you cannot compete, if you have two different tires on one axle than you cant compete either, the car must be in good condition, such as if you would like to pass the annual technical tests,

then you only need motorsport helmets, have your seatbelts fastened and there you go,

the stage cant be longer than 3 kms to make it an amateur event, this one takes place on a FIAT TEST TRACK in TYCHY - famous for the FIAT 500 and the great beer made there in Tychy - TYSKIE.

both the driver and the co must have valid driving license,

It is great fun, the car is pretty well prepared for thrashing like that just as it stands, although firmer suspension would definitely do, and some better biting brakes as well, never drove the cup suspension but think it might have been just perfect for the job, the standard one is just a little too comfy, carbon lorraines or ds3000 would be helpful, but havent had spare cash to go for them yet,

Surprisingly the car is holding up very well, I did 20 k miles in a year with quite a few stunts like that, and the first thing broke was just last week, when the front shock top mount broke, but I did hit a big pothole on my way to the test track so that must have weakened the part big time,

As I had 6 contis altogether, 2 of them gone by now, only 4 left and in not best shape I will have to stop doing it for a while as I need the tyres on the car to last till the end of fall at least,

so probably I wont be doing any of these for a month or so, but will definitely do one or two during winter if the snow delivers,

thanks for the comments to all of you!

What editing software did you use for the clips?

Have some monster HD clips from Donington but need to shorten them:wink:

Similar Thread Suggestions