197/200 TL4 gear box ratio difference

Is there much difference in cost to the ST90, it's been ages since I looked but I seem to remember that the ST75 would be fairly close to its torque limits in a tuned F4R?

Is there much difference in cost to the ST90, it's been ages since I looked but I seem to remember that the ST75 would be fairly close to its torque limits in a tuned F4R?
Yeah, torque limit for ST75 is around 250Nm but r3 uses same gearbox (differently geared though) so I guess I should be fine with N/A engine. Don't know the price difference but I imagine it to be considerable

Yeah, torque limit for ST75 is around 250Nm but r3 uses same gearbox (differently geared though) so I guess I should be fine with N/A engine. Don't know the price difference but I imagine it to be considerable

Genuine R3's use the ST90 and Cup Racers use the ST75 - obviously the Cup Racer is a standard engine so won't be an issue for the ST75, however the R3's are going to be making about the torque limit.

Speak to Proil on here though, he's been using an ST75 on a tuned F4R for a while now and I don't think had any issues?

Genuine R3's use the ST90 and Cup Racers use the ST75 - obviously the Cup Racer is a standard engine so won't be an issue for the ST75, however the R3's are going to be making about the torque limit.

Speak to Proil on here though, he's been using an ST75 on a tuned F4R for a while now and I don't think had any issues?

I was convinced that r3 is running ST-75 based on mixed info available on the net, different gearbox mounts between R3 and Cup should have caught my attention anyway.
Did some research though on the renaultsport extranet and it seems that r3 does not run ST90 eighter (480 Nm torque limit) but STR3 (torque limit: 350 Nm).
One way or another fair point about maxing out ST75 gearbox with tuned F4R engine.

Ah interesting, wonder if it's derived from an ST90 but built to RS specs? I've seen loads of R3 boxes for sale listed as 90's hence why I thought it was.

Do you work for Renault? How do you access the extranet?

I would say no, because a shorter 4th would just make a bigger drop to 5th. By using the longer 3rd, the only 4th and the shorter 5th and 6th, you get a gear stack that is close and crucially well proportioned. You then chose the FD after the ratios to put you in the speed ranges you desire.
So by swapping forth for shorter all you'd do is close the gap to 3rd and open it to 5th - def not ideal.
The 003 has the best ratios, and the select a final drive to balance performance vs usability.

hi,tl 024 qauife diff 5.75 oreca final drive 8150 rev limiter 208 hp nice setup for redlite fun
startup in 2th and go for it

no solid tappets,original engine with arp bolts for the rods, selfmade air intake and toyosport with rc racing gr n exhaust
grts

8150rpm on a standard engine....why? you'll be past the power band on standard cams and therefore risking the hydraulic lifters for no reason! For 8150rpm I would also want valve springs and I'd replace the valves themselves too, as they are pretty nasty 2-piece items that have a habbit of dropping heads off the stems at big rpm.

sorry, never had problems most of the time shift at 7500 just in first or second gear it coud be little bit more.hp drops at 7400 stil 200 hp at 8000
for the gearbox the 5.75 from oreca is very short for daily use,the quaife is a must now

Ah interesting, wonder if it's derived from an ST90 but built to RS specs? I've seen loads of R3 boxes for sale listed as 90's hence why I thought it was.

Do you work for Renault? How do you access the extranet?
Sorry for late reply, You know, christmas time and stuff like that :wink:
You can create an account in renault sport extranet to get access