182 owner saying hello

Hello Clio fans, Clio owner from Poland signing in for the first time. :thumbup1:

I'm looking to upgrade my 182 Cup pack (pictured below) to an Alien Green 200 Cup some time next year. As much as I love my little Smurf she's starting to feel a bit dated on the inside, in fact it looks a lot what I'd describe as a Frenchman's armpit. Besides, she's gone French on me a few times (throttle pedal wiring issues). Perhaps changing to a newer model may help me with some of the reliability problems that I've been experiencing lately...

I'm going to be asking a lot of questions in the near future, hope I'm not going to be too much of a bother for you forum veterans. :smile:

Regards,

Tony.

Le yours truly negotiating le tight right hander with plenty of body roll... Tuck that inside rear wheel! :tongueout:anic:

O7uX9Mt.jpg

Hello Tony welcome to the forum :smile:

Good luck in your search for your 200, and if you do have any questions then please feel free to ask

Yo dude. Smurf look great !

200 would float-your-boat a little more me-thinks.

Good luck...............

Keep the Racing Blue matey - I did :wink:

attachment.php

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    19 KB · Views: 28
Thanks for the warm welcome gents. :smile:
@Mossy, as much as I'd love to keep the Smurf and turn it into a little track terror I'm afraid that spatial and financial limitations will not let me do that, I don't even have a garage yet. I had a project car before and it went out of control rather quickly, so I sold off both my cars and bought the 182 instead as a daily driver with some track credentials. The 182 made me fall in love with the idea of a hot hatch, so I'll stick to this road and buy something more capable (and modern) to replace the Smurf. The choice here is obvious... And judging by your signature pic we have a similar taste in cars. :wink:

Totally understand [MENTION=54532]Firefly[/MENTION].

Just remember the 182 and 200 have a different power delivery point - getting power out of the 200 is like straggling a cat - the 182 is such a lively car from the low revs.

[MENTION=52673]Mossy[/MENTION] you nearly have my ultimate Clio garage! Just put a Trophy in there & I would be extremely jealous. As it is you have still got further than I ever will. I have V6 envy!

Thanks @Mossy, will keep that in mind.

Speaking of power delivery, mine isn't all that lively at low revs - unfortunately the previous owner decided to fit a manifold-back stainless steel exhaust and ditch the cat while he was at it. While the workmanship is fine and it sounds like an animal at high revs this had the unfortunate effect of exacerbating the typical 182 mid-range flat spot. I haven't gotten around to having it mapped yet, but given that I'm probably going to sell it within the next half a year or so I'll probably leave it as-is. I've invested enough into it already... Though having the brakes upgraded (Brembo HCs, DS2500s, Goodridge lines and Motul RBF600) and topping it off with PS3s on refurbed Cup wheels were by far and away the best mods I've ever done to any car that I've owned. A friend once let me drove his factory-fresh 197 and I was thoroughly impressed with the stock brakes, I can't imagine what they must be like after typical fast road/trackday upgrades such as the ones I've done to the Smurf.

Last edited:
@Mossy you nearly have my ultimate Clio garage! Just put a Trophy in there & I would be extremely jealous. As it is you have still got further than I ever will. I have V6 envy!

Thank Johnny :smile: just sold my pride and joy 182 Trophy to fund the 200 - but I miss it a lot!!! So hopefully another Trophy will replace the RB 182 very soon.

Thanks @Mossy, will keep that in mind.

Speaking of power delivery, mine isn't all that lively at low revs - unfortunately the previous owner decided to fit a manifold-back stainless steel exhaust and ditch the cat while he was at it. While the workmanship is fine and it sounds like an animal at high revs this had the unfortunate effect of exacerbating the typical 182 mid-range flat spot. I haven't gotten around to having it mapped yet, but given that I'm probably going to sell it within the next half a year or so I'll probably leave it as-is. I've invested enough into it already... Though having the brakes upgraded (Brembo HCs, DS2500s, Goodridge lines and Motul RBF600) and topping it off with PS3s on refurbed Cup wheels were by far and away the best mods I've ever done to any car that I've owned. A friend once let me drove his factory-fresh 197 and I was thoroughly impressed with the stock brakes, I can't imagine what they must be like after typical fast road/trackday upgrades such as the ones I've done to the Smurf.

Strange, my previous Trophy and current 182 have loads of power right from the off - no flat spots at all. When I drive the 200 I feel I'm thrashing the nads off it to keep it in the power range and then it's change gear time.

Similar Thread Suggestions