12v feed?

TB Rich

Paid Member
What would be best to tap a 12v feed from? And does anyone have a wiring diagram for a 200?

I'm installing an SPA dual oil temp/oil pressure gauge in the drivers side air vent, so need a feed roughly in the same area. Needs to be switched ignition feed and not a perm live feed. I guess the switch panel with the headlight adjuster and TC, directly underneath the air vent would be best?

Cheers,

Use a fuse tap on the internal fuse box, saves splicing or soldering to existing wiring and easily removed. Just need to get your multimeter out to check for an ignition live source out of the available connections as I've yet to see something give a layout of the fuses on the Clio or Megane.

never heard of a fuse tap before but they look quite a neat way to do it. where is the fuse box in side the car though as it's only a pretty short run of wire. i can extend if needed but thats why i though the switches might be best.

cheers

So finally going to get around to installing it this weekend.

Few questions mind:
  • Where is the fuse box (behind glovebox?)
  • What size fuses (standard, micro, mini) are in it?
  • What gauge wire from that, 16awg I think?
  • Also all the fuse taps have what appears to be place for 2 fuses - I assume the original fuse goes in the lower position and do I put a new fuse in the top position? - The +lead to the gauge has it's own 250ma fuse, so I guess just stick a 5A in the top?

Would this fuse tap be ok? (standard size):
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Piggy-Bac...966?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item4ae72036be

And then I was thinking a few meters of this:
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/16AWG-Sil...052?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item35da4f55ac

Cheers

Ah the sensors are the easy part for me!, just on my phone now but the hardware is in the last update on my web page.

Is it switched or perm live though? Also is there a decent earth point close by there?
Fuse tap is nice and reversable I was thinking, don't need to even crack the soldering iron out for it.

No one know what size fuses the car takes, standard, mini or micro??

Is it switched or perm live though? Also is there a decent earth point close by there?
Fuse tap is nice and reversable I was thinking, don't need to even crack the soldering iron out for it.

No one know what size fuses the car takes, standard, mini or micro??

Unsure on both counts.

So finally going to get around to installing it this weekend.

Few questions mind:
  • Where is the fuse box (behind glovebox?)
  • What size fuses (standard, micro, mini) are in it?
  • What gauge wire from that, 16awg I think?
  • Also all the fuse taps have what appears to be place for 2 fuses - I assume the original fuse goes in the lower position and do I put a new fuse in the top position? - The +lead to the gauge has it's own 250ma fuse, so I guess just stick a 5A in the t

Cheers

Ive wired in a programmable shift light & a light bar...

Fuse box is to the left of the steering column, under the spare switch blank.
There is an accessory power source behind the headlamp dimmer switch.
There is a factory earth point behind the the asc switch on the pillar.
All the fuses in the car are Mini.
The biggest hassle I found was finding a place to pass the wires through the firewall, I had to use the rubber plug behind the glovebox that exits behind the ecu under the airbox.

Last edited:
Ive wired in a programmable shift light & a light bar...

Fuse box is to the left of the steering column, under the spare switch blank.
There is an accessory power source behind the headlamp dimmer switch.
There is a factory earth point behind the the asc switch on the pillar.
All the fuses in the car are Mini.
The biggest hassle I found was finding a place to pass the wires through the firewall, I had to use the rubber plug behind the glovebox that exits behind the ecu under the airbox.

Legend :thumbup:

Cheers for the info mate. I'll order up a Mini Fuse tap now and wire, then get cracking!