Regarding your tyre choice for the Nurburgring, I don't find it a particularly heavy circuit on tyre wear for a car like the Clio. It has much more of a flow to it than most smaller circuits and there are only a handful of heavy braking zones. Given that it is your first trip, you're not going to be pushing anywhere near enough to cause significant tyre wear, so my recommendation would be to go with something you have used before that you are comfortable with.

I have ordered a brand new set of Direzzas for the car now. It seems outrageous to spend so much money knowing that the tyres are going to be abused and replaced within 6 months to a year. I hate to think what people pay for tyres in a race season.

We were due to go to Donington Park in March this year but cancelled that track day after damaging the Clio at Snetterton. I have now used our credit with Track Obsession to book on to their Donington Park day on 18th June 2024. It is on the National circuit.

The Dunlop DZ03G Direzzas have been delivered.

IMG_7629.jpeg

Once we have been to Cadwell Park next week and Donington Park next month we will put these on the newly refurbed Speedlines ready for the ring Trip in July 2024.

Will a bit of gentle road driving be enough to scrub in these new tyres?

Reactions: Onrus