Youtube embedded videos?

Matt197

South West Rep
Can you enable the abbiltly to embed youtube videos please?

At the moment when you post a youtube video it just displays the link, rather than the video.

Thank you :group:

I believe that this takes up massive amounts of bandwidth but will look into it with mike.

Is there any point in embedding when youtube hosts the videos for free and wont slow the server down on here?

I would not have fault it would make much difference to the performance, otherwise other forums would keep it turned off as well.

Just a pain keep having to click links all the time, like when people post up photos but they put a link to their photobucket account, does my head in lol I like it all in front of me on one website.

I have tried embedding YouTube on my own site, and it hasn't affected the performance at all :smile:

I know what you mean by people posting photobucket links instead of the pic guess I'd never thought of it that way.

Testing using some other way:

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c0sNJihhE7s&feature=related[/YOUTUBE]

To do this, when posting a new video link, click on "Go Advanced" at the bottom of the text posting box, and there are three boxes at the end above the text box (with the logo missing at the moment!!) - they have the letters "Wr" in them at the moment....click on the left hand of the three, so the first one, and it will display this: [YOUTUBE][/YOUTUBE]

Insert Youtube video address in the middle of the ][ :smile:

Similar Thread Suggestions