Your thoughts please :)

I have had my stock wheels painted black and have found them unbelievably stone chipped after 3000km :worried: this leaves me with a decision to make :

Powdercoat the stock wheels black or buy a set of Oz Ultraleggeras and get them powder coated black (I've got a chance to get some that would need coating).

Will the stock wheels hold powder better than they have paint or is it too going to chip to buggery? Im thinking the shape of the spokes is the biggest problem

what would you do?

Powdercoating is more durable but if you have the oppotunity to get some nicer alloys then why not?

I've had 2 sets of wheels powder coated in the past and both lasted for as long as i had the cars and seemed to be harder resistance to chipping than the OE finish of the wheels, like when you slip with a socket around the edge of the bolt holes.

I've done approximately 5000miles on my powdercoated 197 alloys, the standard ones and had them done anthracite, and they are still absolutely mint, and I got forced up the curb the other day by some tw*t and I thought two of them were going to be buggered, but there's not even a chip on them, I'd say they are extremely durable!

It might also be down to Quality of materials has improved and now fit for purpose. The finish on a set of Prodrive/Oz WR1 wheels I had was unbelievably tuff even with a few times resting face down against a fence & too much angle and does that judder slip down to the ground onto the face and not a mark on them, where as other wheels brush past them and paint falls off.

When mine were powder coated I used them for months and they still looked better than new. The Renault finish was terrible, the powder coated finish was fantastic! Need to get the Mazda's wheels done.